For our Materials Team in the Blades Structural Design Department we are looking for a dedicated and highly motivated Composite Engineer.
The Materials Team (MAT) has approximately 10 highly skilled technical experts in the technical fields: composite materials, surface technology, materials development and process development.
MAT is a part of the Blades Structural Design Department (B SD) with app. 50 technical experts in the technical fields: composite materials, structural blade design, FE modelling, full scale blade test, lightning protection and non destructive testing (NDT). The department has a unique core competence in structural design of wind turbine blades.
B SD is a part of the Blade Module Department which has app. 100 employees and is responsible for design, validation, certification and implementation in production of new wind turbine blades. Moreover, B SD holds responsibility for the development and maturing of new technologies applying to future blade designs. The Blade Department is a part of the Technology division employing app 900 engineers in total and is responsible for developing new wind turbines and new technology.
Overall team responsibilities:
- Material specifications including the establishment of CTQ’s for new materials to be used as basis for incoming inspection and supplier documentation requirements
- Establishment of all material values needed for design calculations and blade certification
- Continuous improvements of existing material specifications with respect to CTQ, etc.
- Develop and maintain procedures for characterization and qualification of materials including specifications for manufacturing of test coupons, definition of test methods etc.
- Development of continuous fiber reinforced plastic composite material and surface protection systems for these, including support for optimizing existing system with regards to both process, and customer requirements
- Support other organizational units in material related issues such as second sourcing material qualifications, material related non-conformity-reports (NCR) etc.
- Collaboration with internal and external test facilities, for development of test methods, and managing actual execution according to project plans
- Establishing close collaboration with strategic suppliers and maintaining these for ongoing development
- Keep track of possible new material developments for future wind turbine blade optimization
What are my responsibilities?
- Definition of composite material characterization procedures and test methods
- Contribute to or lead the technology development
- Create and maintain a close collaboration with the technical staff of our suppliers as well as internal and external test laboratories
- Collaborate with other internal departments, e.g. Process Engineering and Quality Management & EHS
- Development of new materials and corresponding processes
- Providing project proposal input and review
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have an educational background as a MSc. within composite material mechanics, machinery or construction
- You are an experienced engineer with a technical background in composite mechanics and material development and you hold a solid theoretical knowledge
- You have working experience from a technical engineering organization, preferably within the aerospace, automotive or wind energy industry
- You possess strong knowledge of composite materials, test methods and failure analysis of composites
- You have an outgoing personality and you are determinant and persistent
- As a person you are responsible, dynamic and willing to adapt
- You have strong communication and collaboration skills
- You are able to work independently and have the desire to drive your own assignments
- You possess excellent English skills, both in writing and speech
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens Wind Power is a leading supplier of wind power solutions for onshore, offshore and coastal sites. Denmark is a core part of Siemens’ global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 6,000 employees out of a global staff of more than 11,500 work with wind power solutions in Denmark. Read more at www.siemens.com/windpower.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
Apply online in English for the job via the "Ansøg" link. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
For further information about the position, please contact the hiring manager, Steffen Laustsen, via phone: +45 3037 6542.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may not be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder