Commercial Graduate for energy system integration and regulatory policy development
Imagine a future where you’ll play a key role in developing the future flexible energy system, integrating energy storage and offshore wind
The Ørsted Graduate Programme is designed to unleash your potential and give you the unique opportunity of a fast-tracked career in Ørsted. We offer you an intense two-year developmental journey where you’ll learn from experts within your field and get international project experience, tools to drive innovation, and a strong cross-functional network with other talents.
The Graduate journey
Our Graduate Programme consists of two-three rotations, where you’ll solve business challenges, take responsibility for your own assignments, and engage in our day-to-day business decisions.
In your rotations, you’ll work with energy system integration and regulatory policy development in the UK. The first rotation will be in the UK regulatory and policy team learning how we support the business to understand the external policy framework and how we influence the external policy world to meet our business needs. The second rotation is in the Energy Storage team where you’ll support the development of energy storage projects and strategy, providing project and commercial management support to energy storage projects, including preparing recommendations for strategic energy storage projects. The rotations will give you a broad business and policy-centric experience and an insight into system integration of our wind farms and energy storage solutions.
You’ll play an important role in:
- researching and analysing quantitative and qualitative policy proposals and preparing written submissions
- influencing external stakeholders to ensure Ørsted business interests are represented, including representation at external forums
- working across the business to keep the UK and the international business updated and informed on regulatory and policy developments
- optimising energy storage business cases, including the modelling of revenue and estimation of cost and reporting findings to stakeholders
- supporting the Business Development Manager in preparing materials for asset and strategic projects recommendations.
To succeed in this role, you:
- have a bachelor’s degree in Energy Systems Engineering or Energy Economics from before 1 September 2022, with excellent results
- have strong analytical skills, a high level of personal drive, and a high learning ability
- have experience with analysing opportunities, calculating business cases, and communicating these concisely
- have the ability to develop, visualise, and communicate concepts and ideas
- have the ability to interact with a wide-ranging group of stakeholders across the organisation
- speak and write English fluently, enabling you to communicate efficiently in a global setting.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
The best first step you’ll ever take
Send your application, CV, and most recent grade transcripts as soon as possible and no later than 14 January 2022. We’ll conduct interviews shortly after.
Please don’t hesitate to write to email@example.com if you have any questions.
Imagine a future as a graduate in Ørsted
In Ørsted we help accelerate your talent into an international career within your professional field. See our Graduate Programme overview and find out how we provide you with the tools to master innovation and turn visions into reality:
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.