Commercial Engineer in Femern A/S
Do you want to work on one of the biggest infrastructure construction projects in Europe; building the world’s longest immersed tunnel between Denmark and Germany?
Join us and become a Commercial Engineer at Femern A/S within the TEM and TRW Departments responsible for the electro-mechanical and railway contracts.
As project owner, Femern A/S is the company responsible for the planning, construction and operation of the Fehmarnbelt tunnel. Femern A/S is a subsidiary company of the state-owned Sund & Bælt Group, who also is responsible for the Oresund Link and the Great Belt Link.
We are an organisation of very dedicated employees with Danish, German and international backgrounds and great experience from mega projects around the world. We have our main office in Copenhagen, site offices in Rødbyhavn and in Burg auf Fehmarn. For further information about Femern A/S and the Fehmarnbelt project, please visit www.femern.dk.
You will – alongside the Contract Manager – be responsible for the commercial and contract management and administration of the full contract lifecycle, involving managing the electro-mechanical (TEM) and railway (TRW) contracts including e.g high & low voltage power supplies, catenary/traction power for railways, tunnel ventilation, controls & automation systems etc.
Your key tasks will be:
- Manage contract claims and variation orders
- Support to the Contract Manager in day-to-day variation and claim management
- Execute daily contract administration activities
- Support the work of the function, in compliance with internal & external mandatory requirements
- Coordinate and report across the project matrix organisation and the functional department
- Tender procurement support
- Change management
- Risk assessment
You have a degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Law, Quantity Surveying, Industrial or Business Engineering or similar and 5 to 10 years’ experience from commercial & contract administration on similar complex large-scale projects preferably in electro-mechanical and / or railway contracts.
The ideal candidate will have the following key competencies and qualifications:
- Contractual and change management experience
- Working knowledge and understanding of standard form contracts and international Construction Law (such as FIDIC and bespoke)
- Experience on Civil Engineering and infrastructure projects including electro-mechanical services, ideally on public works
- Experience on major international infrastructure projects will be a benefit
- Experience with forensic claims handling, including strategies and analysis
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate contractual requirements and issues clearly
- Bilingual or professional proficiency in English
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and pro-active with good attention to detail
What we offer
As a Commercial Engineer at Femern A/S, you will acquire a close insight into the project and contract management during the entire contract lifecycle. You will experience an organisation that is dynamically altering in accordance with the project progress, with a challenging, diverse and enriching working day.
Your remuneration package will be according to your qualifications and you will be offered health insurance and other staff benefits.
You will be based in our Copenhagen office, working in Rødbyhavn occasionally.
Upload your application and CV using the "Apply" link, no later than 23. March 2023.
If you have any questions about the position, you are welcome to contact Contract Director Stefan Konetschny on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone + 45 30 32 16 63, as well as Contract Manager Jonathan Jacobson on email@example.com or telephone +45 40 18 28 32.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.