Commercial Development Manager - Dairy Bioprotection business
Do you dream of a global work horizon where you can be part of setting the agenda?
At Chr. Hansen, we work to improve food and health, and our natural ingredients are consumed by more than 1 billion people every day. As a global market leader in bioscience, we have the opportunity to address important global challenges such as food waste, healthy living, sustainable agriculture - and we need the brightest and most passionate people on board to succeed. Want to join us?
A career with Chr. Hansen
Joining Chr. Hansen is your opportunity to make a meaningful difference while unfolding your career in a truly global setting. Our founder, Christian D. A. Hansen, was an entrepreneur and that mentality is still very present and valued today as we look for new talent to strengthen our team.
We believe that engagement matters. Every one of our 32 global offices offer an agile organization proud to promote an inspiring work environment and a collaborative culture with the passion to make a difference.
About the position / Who are we looking for
Would you like to make improving food and reducing food waste your trade? This is your chance to have a massive impact on a successful developing business in a company with a strong global industry leading position.
If you are looking for a job with a wide range of critical business involvement in an international B2B setup, this is your opportunity. You can look forward to being part of a highly successful team in a rapidly developing business area. We are growing fast in a very exciting market place with many opportunities to develop new products, concepts and markets. We are looking for a Commercial Development Manager to join our Commercial Development team for Dairy Bioprotection.
You will become a focal point for business success as the link between our regional sales, marketing teams and your colleagues in application and innovation. The team is driving commercial development all the way from strategy setting, R&D pipeline development to commercial execution in sales and marketing projects.
Your area of responsibility and tasks
Your primary responsibility is to contribute to the global commercial development of our dairy bioprotection business across the Fresh Dairy and Cheese segments.
- Support and drive commercial execution in sales projects together with sales and application support
- Lead the development and implementation of market communication concepts and campaigns
- Establish data driven market and consumer insights
- Develop, execute and follow up product launches
- Contribute to customer workshops and innovation sessions
- Master and lead value selling initiatives together with sales
- Join sales visits with customers to identify needs and new opportunities
- Contribute to the establishment of a global dairy bioprotection network
The job will give you the opportunity to travel 30-50 days per year to meet sales teams, customers and partners across the globe.
Your personal profile
- You hold a M.Sc. in Marketing or similar Commercial Master level education or have a relevant technical education at master level backed by solid commercial experience
- You have practical experience with marketing or business development in a B2B business
- Experience in food business is a benefit, but not a requirement
- Experience from FMCG business can be a plus
- You like to work with technical products and sales. Perhaps with experience from bioscience or food ingredients
- You are innovative - able to identify new opportunities and make them happen
- You can structure complex challenges and close cases in a timely manner
- You are fluent in English and have strong presentation skills
You will need to lead teams in a matrix organisation without having formal decision power. This requires empathy and respect, and an ability to bring every one’s expertise into play to get things done and lift the bar of excellence.
About the department
Commercial Development is part of the Food Cultures & Enzymes business unit. This is the largest business unit in Chr. Hansen. We develop, produce and sell cultures, enzymes and probiotics for the food industry in general, and the dairy industry in particular. Our ingredients assist in determining the appearance, taste, nutritional value and health benefits of a variety of food products
A meaningful job in a very successful new business area. We deliver natural solutions to address global challenges in food. A highly dynamic and cross-functional work environment where you will be in close contact with colleagues from Application, Sales and R&D on a daily basis. You will report to the Commercial Development Director of Dairy Bioprotection. We have an inspiring international environment with short decision paths.
For further questions, free to contact Peter Thoeysen, Commercial Development Director at telephone +45 2972 3661.
Please apply online. Here you can also enter your details into our CV-bank.
Deadline for applications is November 18th 2018. please submit your cover letter and CV as soon as possible since we will be processing incoming applications continually.
Read more about working for Chr. Hansen here
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.