At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
You will be joining a team of software engineers, product managers and technology experts that are leading product innovation to help transforming the way we develop, deploy, and operate mission critical communication solutions. Our end users around the globe are professional radio users and first responders - police and firefighters - for whom our technologies are mission critical. The team is working in an agile innovation and software development framework. The daily work is focused on software development in our Glostrup office in Denmark. The team is collaborating with colleagues around the globe on cloud deployment and operation, as well as DevOps.
We are looking for a software engineer with interest and experience in developing, deploying and operating applications in cloud environments. As a candidate for this job, you have some cloud experience from a similar job or from personal interest. You have a strong technical profile, for example through a formal engineering education or through a similar job. You are newly educated or have a few years of experience. You will be working with multiple scrum teams that are focused on developing high-quality software for backend applications that serve mission critical communications users with very high reliability and performance. While emphasizing software engineering, for the right candidate the job offers additional opportunities for evolving into cloud strategic leadership and product management, with focus on cloud economics, market and technology trends, and hybrid/multi-cloud strategies. You will be joining a team that is working in an agile innovation and software development framework. In your daily work, you will be working in close collaboration with software developers mainly located in our Glostrup office in Denmark.
You will be collaborating with colleagues around the globe on cloud deployment and operation, as well as DevOps.
- You will work across multiple scrum teams
- You will contribute to the design of the different cloud micro services when developing software, from architecture design, through coding to configuring deployments.
- You will help design the application deployment in Microsoft Azure
- You will ensure the security, safety and performance of our Kubernetes deployment
- You will contribute to our end-to-end pipeline development
- You will be using functional programming languages such as Elixir, solving complex programming challenges
We are hiring developers that are newly graduated or with a few years of professional experience, and with a degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Desire to excel as a software developer specializing in cloud and very excited to learn more and build up your skill set
- You are a Back-End or Full-Stack developer
- You worked on a production application in Azure
- Experience with using Kubernetes in production
Ideally you would have:
- You have designed or helped design application architecture for the cloud
- Used Kubernetes for soft real-time and/or high availability applications
- Knowledge of functional programming or a desire to learn more within this area
- Familiarity with development practices such as Agile and Scrum
- Worked with or learned about RabbitMQ or other message brokers
- Good understanding of distributed systems and resilient applications
- Knowledge of cybersecurity in cloud environments
- Excellent English communication skills
If you want to know more about the job, contact Lennart Bjerring on Lennart.Bjerring@motorolasolutions.com. There is no application deadline, but we will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis and we will fill the position as soon as we have the right candidate.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.