As our Cloud Developer, you will participate in the design and creation of scalable software. You will be part of a small agile team currently consisting of 7 people, who is responsible for full software development from concept to deploying. This means building applications fully, working on all levels of the stack, from DevOps and cloud based backends and databases, to code running in web browsers. As we say: We build it, we run it. You will report to the Chief Digital Officer (CDO) in Maersk Tankers and be part of team making great impact and having fun.
Maersk Tankers offers an attractive career with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development. We focus on diversity and equal opportunities, we work in an informal and flexible space, striving to provide an optimal work-life balance.
In this job you will do all the ‘normal stuff’, when writing maintainable, operational cloud-based software services:
- Make solid software design and architecture
- Ensure integrity of software solutions, implement, test, document, deploy – both for our proof of concepts and fully deployed solutions
- Continuously implement improvements through refinements and refactoring
- Evaluate new technologies, software services and components
What we are looking for
You have a relevant degree in engineering/computer science and experience in a similar role. With proven experience in developing desktop and mobile applications, you write clean and functional code, you test and fix bugs or other issues. In fact, you are familiar with:
- Frontend - Experience with frontend development tools like Webpack, Next.js, TypeScript, GraphQL”
- Backend – e.g. Python but also Node.js
- Databases – relational but also Document-based like MongoDB.
- Scalable, cloud-based solutions (we use Docker / Kubernetes /Linux) and Software as a Service
- Agile development practices - Automatic tests, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery
- Building scalable, robust data pipelines as well as prototypes
- Experience with a functional language and Azure, Google Cloud or AWS will be considered a plus
Furthermore, you have excellent communication- and teamwork skills and you pay great attention to details. You like to share knowledge and ideas and you are able to adopt to other languages and platforms if needed.
For further information please contact Sofie Nygaard on firstname.lastname@example.org or 2981 5637.
A career in Maersk Tankers?
For nearly a century, Maersk Tankers employees have worked to meet the world’s increasing demand for energy. Thanks to their talent and effort, Maersk Tankers is a high-quality tanker company, serving customers globally.
A career at Maersk Tankers means being part of a global team and you will be given the opportunity to contribute and develop professionally and personally.
About Maersk Tankers
Maersk Tankers facilitates the global trade of energy to meet the world’s energy needs. The company is a leading player in the product tanker industry, operating one of the largest fleets of vessels and employs 3,100 employees worldwide. Established in 1928, Maersk Tankers has nearly nine decades of experience and expertise in commercial and technical vessel management, providing customers and partners safe, efficient and flexible services that benefit their businesses.
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job - regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
To learn more about Maersk Tankers, visit our website.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.