Do you want to help drive the development of our future IT landscape to cloud in close collaboration with enthusiastic business partner and professional IT development groups?
Do you want to help drive the development of our future IT landscape to cloud in close collaboration with enthusiastic business partner and professional IT development groups? Then carry on reading! We are looking for a Cloud Architect that can drive the next generation IT platform integrations.
In your role as Cloud Architect, you will be at the core of our ongoing digital business transformation focusing on the potential of new technological opportunities. Specifically you will have a focus on supporting our business application integration and orchestration in the cloud and you therefore have good understanding of cloud architectures and best practices.
The strategy incorporates cloud adoption plans, cloud application design and application integration as well as cloud management and security awareness. Additional responsibilities include support for application architecture and deployment in cloud environments.
You will proactively engage in forging recommendations that will positively influence the adoption and utilization of emerging IT technologies whilst ensuring the right architecture.
As a Cloud Architect, you will participate in evaluation of new IT technologies and solutions as well as architectural patterns, which can improve the ongoing transformation of MAN Energy Solutions. This position requires you to spend time with stakeholders and carry discussion in terms of the technology choices, it could be that you may need introduce a new toolsets. MAN Energy Solutions has just started its major strategic organizational transformation and application move to cloud and in your first assignment, you will play a key advisory and architectural role to ensure this comes through over the next years.
- You have an agile mind-set, ready to support DevOps teams with your cloud expertise, and can assess recommendations and perspectives in relation to transforming business environments and the constant development of the IT digital landscape.
- You can drive design, evaluation and selection of technical specifications for developing cloud solutions (e.g. technologies used, application architecture, data model, and user interface) in collaboration with internal stakeholders and cloud providers.
- You are able to plan relevant cloud solutions needed to fulfil services and solutions required by our business and integrate those into the operating model.
- You are able to provide active support in building automated environments where one of the main principals is automated immutable infrastructure implemented as IaC.
- You should be familiar with construction of a cloud-operating model built on delivery from internal and external partners.
- You can take the advisory role and play the gateway of last resource to orchestrate support levers of non-standard requests beyond second/third level support.
- You are able evaluate and check the impact on a service for a chosen cloud architecture and other business architectures by working closely with the Enterprise Architect and external cloud platform providers.
- You have clear and convincing communication skills and can enthusiastically present your work and topics. We expect you to be fluent in English.
- You have a good understanding of Public/Private/Hybrid Cloud solutions and experienced in integrating public cloud into traditional hosting/delivery models with a specific focus on Azure and AWS. You have probably already conducted Cloud Readiness Assessments by observing business and technical perspectives and evaluated existing data centre and digital strategies.
In addition to this
- You have a University degree within IT as a main topic or similar field or skills.
- You are an excellent communicator both verbally and in writing in English language.
- Experience in project management and implementation.
- Knowledge of IT application development (especially architecture).
- Overview of IT processes and services.
- Ability to undertake rapid feasibility studies and propose workload migration solutions in the Cloud for a chosen cloud provider.
- Good knowledge of applications architecture models (architectural principles, delivery models, layers…).
- Either AWS Technical Professional certification and/or GCP and/or Azure competent certification (MSCD, with MSCA or MCSE).
- Understanding and active development within IaC frameworks (Terraform, ARM templates),
- Experience with cloud management and CI/CD pipelining will be a plus,
- You feel comfortable in learning new skills and pushing your own boundaries.
- You are a team player, but can take clear responsibility and drive initiative.
Your new team
As our new Cloud Architect, you will be a key member of our cloud technology service team, guiding our delivery teams in their cloud journey. The team provides technological and architectural consultancy to application experts and ensures consistency with the company's IT architectural and security principles in the cloud.
MAN in Denmark
MAN Energy Solutions is a company with a long history of producing engines, turbines and other types of machinery. We are now at the cusp of a range of major transformations based on digitalization and de-carbonization. We have recently started a transformation and streamlining of our IT Landscape leveraging use of cloud to improve quality and availability of services, to expand use of emerging technologies and to modernize our IT delivery. All while minimizing pollution and optimizing fuel efficiency for our customers.
We are approximately 2.100 employees in Denmark. 1.400 colleagues are located at the Danish headquarters located next to the water in the area of Sydhavn (South Harbor) in Copenhagen. You will find our R&D center here, full of top-class technical capabilities for the development of innovative engines for ships and power plants across the globe. In the field of two-stroke engines, we are the world’s leading knowledge center by far. We also have our largest after-sales service center (PrimeServ) here in Copenhagen, as well as our large IT department and a wide range of staff functions.
We offer you
- A versatile, creative and challenging job in an international organization comprising both professional and personal development opportunities
- An agile working environment with dedicated and skilled colleagues
- Flexible working hours.
- A salary matching your qualifications and a pension scheme with health insurance
- Roof top canteen with a delicious selection in the buffet.
Are you interested?
Is this is the job you are looking for, then please send a motivated application, CV and other relevant qualification by clicking "Send application". We look forward to hearing more about you.
The deadline for application will be 2nd of April 2023. Interviews will take place during the application period.
If you need information concerning the job, please contact IT Product Owner Michal Pawlak Michal.Pawlak@man-es.com (phone +45 3385 1969) or VP Software, Technology & Workplace Dev. Christopher Clark Christopher.Clark@man-es.com (phone +45 2164 5468).
For further information regarding the company, please visit our website: www.man-es.com including our history, products and employment with our company.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder