Civil Engineering Manager responsible for design management of onshore substations
Are you ambitious and do you want to make a difference for the future of green energy?
Join us and become Civil Engineering Manager in Onshore Civil Engineering Management where you and your colleagues will be responsible for leading the civil design of our onshore substations, being part of the transmission assets for our offshore wind farms. The substations are large and complex construction projects (+30,000m2) with a huge business impact. As Civil Engineering Manager, you’ll be given a unique opportunity to follow the project through the different stages from development to design and follow-up during construction. You’ll be in charge of managing the design contract to ensure the design is state of the art and top quality, delivered on time and within the contract budget.
Your key tasks will be to
- manage and follow up on the design performed by an external engineering consultant, which means facilitating meetings and workshops, reviewing design documentation etc.
- write technical documents for the design and construction contracts (technical specifications, scope of services, design basis and engineering time schedule)
- ensure that necessary input from internal stakeholders for the design process is received in due time
- follow up on design work prepared by the principal contractor, reply on technical queries (TQ’s) and secure contractors’ progress within own disciplines
- be present on site during the construction of the project and ensure execution is according to design requirements/specifications.
In addition, you’ll be responsible for informing the Package Manager of all significant technical issues, particularly risks, for developing contingency plans and for managing changes in the design and construction phases.
Your competences include that you
- have extensive experience with civil design, e.g. through being involved in substation design, power plants or other complex civil projects
- have a good understanding of other engineering disciplines (HVAC, fire and safety, mechanical and electrical) and how these are integrated in a civil design
- have experience with managing design consultants or principal contractors within the civil industry
- are outgoing and take joy in being part of a project where coordination and collaboration with other project disciplines is essential
- are able to prepare technical documents that can be easily understood and adopted by others.
As we operate in an international environment, it’s essential that you have excellent communication skills and speak and write English fluently.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 18 December 2019 as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jesper Holm Elkjær, Head of Civil Engineering Management, by telephone on +45 9955 7793 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling activity to US in relation to your work. Either as extended business trips (up to three months at a time) or as expatriation (up to two years).
Criminal record certificate
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may request a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.