Civil Engineering Manager responsible for design management of onshore substations
Are you ambitious, and do you want to make a difference for the future of green energy?
Join us and become Civil Engineering Manager in Onshore Civil Engineering Management where you’ll be directly responsible for the civil scope of our onshore substations in relation to all matters concerning civil design, general layout and integration of electrical and mechanical components in the civil design. Civil Engineering Management is responsible for leading the civil design of all of the company’s onshore substations forming part of the transmission assets for our offshore wind farms. The substations are large and complex construction projects (+30,000m2) with huge business impact.
Your key tasks will be to
- manage and follow up on designs produced by external engineering consultants, which means facilitating meetings and workshops, reviewing design documentation, etc.
- write the technical documents for design and construction contracts (technical specifications, scope of services, design basis and engineering time schedule)
- ensure that required input needed for the design process is received in due time from internal stakeholders
- follow up on design work prepared by the principal contractor, reply to technical queries (TQs) and secure contractors’ progress within own disciplines
- be present on site during the construction of the project and ensure that the execution is according to the design requirements/specifications.
In addition, you’ll be responsible for informing the package manager of all significant technical issues, particularly risks, for developing contingency plans and for managing changes in the design and construction phases. Further, you’ll be in charge of managing the design contract to ensure that the design is state-of-the-art and of the right quality and that it is delivered on time and within the contract budget.
In the project, you’ll report directly to the onshore substation package manager and will collaborate proactively with the substation electrical manager, who is responsible for electrical equipment on the onshore substation. You’ll also work closely with the construction manager to clarify and follow up on any questions in relation to the civil design during the construction of the project.
Your competences include that you
- have extensive experience with civil design, e.g. by having been involved in substation design, power plants or other complex civil projects
- have a good understanding of other engineering disciplines (HVAC, fire and safety, mechanical and electrical, and how these are integrated in a civil design)
- have experience in managing design consultants or principal contractors within the civil industry
- are outgoing and take joy in being part of a project where coordination and collaboration with other project disciplines are essential
- have strong skills in writing/formulating technical documents so they are easily adopted by others.
As we operate in an international environment, it’s essential that you have excellent communication skills and speak and write English fluently. Further, it’ll be a plus – but not a requirement – if you can understand and communicate in Chinese Mandarin.
In addition, you’re able to make decisions and drive the design processes, including proactively ensuring high quality in design and timely delivery, you have excellent insights into the planning of the engineering tasks to be performed during the detailed design phase, and you have the ability to integrate changes in projects and evaluate the impact of these. You have a highly developed ability to foresee possible obstructions which may affect the progress of the project, you’re dedicated to performing at a high level, and you’re able to motivate contractors and stakeholders to deliver within deadlines.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 19 September 2018, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jesper Holm Elkjær, Head of Civil Engineering Management, by telephone on +45 9955 7793 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work. Further, there are good opportunities for expatriation in either Taiwan or the USA.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder