Civil Engineering Manager responsible for design management of onshore substations
Are you ambitious, and do you want to make a difference for the future of green energy?
Join us and become Civil Engineering Manager in the Civil Engineering Management department which is responsible for leading the civil design of all of our onshore substations, as part of the transmission assets for our offshore wind farms. You’ll be given a unique opportunity to follow a project though its stages from development to design, including follow up during construction, and you’ll be responsible for managing the design contract to ensure that the design is state-of-the-art, of the right quality, delivered on time and within the contract budget.
Your key tasks will be to
- manage and follow up on the design prepared by an external engineering consultant, which means facilitating meetings and workshops, reviewing design documentation, etc
- write the technical and commercial documents for the contract (technical specifications, scope of services, design basis and engineering time schedule)
- ensure that required input needed for the design process is received in due time from internal stakeholders
- follow up on design work prepared by the principal contractor, reply to technical queries (TQs) and secure the contractor’s progress within own disciplines
- be present on site during the construction of the project and ensure that the execution complies with the design requirements/specifications.
In addition, you’ll be responsible for informing the package manager of all significant technical issues (particularly risks), developing contingency plans and managing changes in the design and construction phases.
Your competences include that you
- have minimum 10 years of experience with civil design, eg from being involved in substation design, power plants or other complex civil projects
- have a good understanding of other engineering disciplines (HVAC, fire and safety, mechanical and electrical, and how these are integrated in a civil design) and have experience in managing design consultants or principal contractors within the civil industry
- are able to make decisions and drive the design processes, including proactively ensuring high quality in the design and timely delivery, and have an excellent insight into the planning of engineering tasks to be performed during the detailed design phase
- speak and write English fluently and have strong skills in writing/formulating technical documents so they are easily understood by others
- are outgoing and enjoy being part of a project where coordination and collaboration with other project disciplines are essential.
Your competences also include that you’re able to integrate changes in projects and evaluate the impact of these, and that you have a highly developed ability to foresee possible obstructions which may affect the progress of the project.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 3 December 2017, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jesper Holm Elkjær, Head of Civil Engineering Management, by telephone on +45 9955 7793 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Tlf.: +45 9955 7793