Chief Technology Officer
DBI is seeking a Chief Technology Officer who will head the Technology department with approx. ten specialists in various engineering capacities.
Chief Technology Officer to Strengthen Growth to Automotive Industry
DBI is seeking a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) reporting to the CEO. The CTO will head the Technology department with approximately ten specialists in various engineering capacities.
The candidate must have an innovative mindset with a focus on developing best-in-class product portfolios. Further, the candidate must possess strong leadership skills in combination with acute business acumen and can prosper in a highly intense global environment.
DBI is growing. We develop plastic protective solutions for all major players in the highly complex and competitive automotive industry as well as for major global machine and engineering customers.
We have recently entered the high potential area of connecting parts to fuel tanks and other vital parts on cars. We have raised the technological bar in close cooperation with our customers R&D departments.
The continued growth requires a competitive and innovative product portfolio. A winning product portfolios hinges on your ability to:
- Develop innovative new platforms and applications based on customer and market needs
- Optimize, standardize and differentiate existing solutions, while filling the gaps in DBI ranges, based on customer necessity
- Develop customized customer requested applications timely, efficiently and cost competitively
- Sourcing relevant ranges to complement in-house designs
The CTO will ensure the Technology department delivers a balanced product portfolio in line with the overall DBI go-to-market strategy based on customer and market needs.
The primary responsibilities to achieve these metrics are as follows:
- Lead, engage, develop and motivate the Technology department team members
- Define and execute the Technology department strategy
- Evaluate Technology team competencies and implement corrective actions to assure all metrics are delivered as promised
- Support direct reports to assure all measurable actions are met on time and within budget
- Enhance the culture of cross functional teamwork enabling flawless product implementation for both internal and external customer satisfaction
- Assess and improve the product portfolio of DBI, in conjunction with the CXO, via communication, technical aptitude and understanding of customer needs
- Investigate and understand industry trends, new technologies and future applications where DBI can enhance its portfolio to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Master level degree in engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading engineering teams with proven measurable success
- Experience with plastic injection moulding and polymers is a plus, but not a prerequisite
- Strong aptitude with advanced analytics and modelling with previous experience as to how to implement within the DBI Technology department
- Ability to assess a product portfolio and enhance where necessary
- Experience in working with an international multicultural internal and external customer base
- Proficient communication skills, both written and oral, in both Danish and English
The CTO candidate must be an ambitious, creative, collaborative and dedicated leader who has a keen eye for future market trends placing DBI at the forefront of innovation and execution in the eyes of our customers.
The CTO will have an office and team located in Stenlille, Denmark. Areas served by DBI globally are Europe, Asia, North America and South America. Travel required is approximately 10 - 15% annually on a global basis. For additional information, please contact Human Resources Director Charlotte Klinge at +45 4115 1858 or email her at Charlotte.Klinge@dbiplastics.com.
Please apply for the position by sending your cover letter and CV using the “Ansøg” button, no later than August 29th 2017.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder