Business Battlefield 2021 will be the fifth of its kind, and we aim to think big - nothing is set in stone and your creativity is the limit! If you want to engage in the Business Battlefield journey and co-create this grand event with us, read more below.
What is Business Battlefield?
Business Battlefield is a sprouting organisation consisting of volunteer students who aim to inspire, challenge and Shape the Leaders of Tomorrow. The organisation is part of the society CBS Case Competition and was founded back in 2017. As part of the Organising Committee (OC) behind Business Battlefield, you will take part in organising the annual event taking place at CBS in November 2021. Here, teams of ambitious students will battle against each other in exciting challenges to test their leadership skills.
The first week of November will be one big orange party with events happening online and/or at different CBS locations. During this week the participants will receive training from our expert partners to prepare for the competition on the final day. During the year we also aim to host a series of inspiring talks and workshops with influential leaders for all students.
As a Challenge Manager, you are put in charge of one of the four challenges (including the challenge in the final) presented to the participants of Business Battlefield. Hence, it is up to you to develop it, manage the relationship with the expert partner in charge of the challenge as well as executing it on the Business Battlefield Day in November 2021. Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establishing and maintaining a relationship with an awesome expert partner who will help develop the case as well as train the participants during the Business Battlefield week.
- Developing a challenge within a certain area (in 2020, the areas were Negotiation, Crisis Management and Agile Leadership).
- Developing a coherent and creative storyline for all the challenges.
- Creating a jury consisting of people from the business environment that can challenge, motivate and give feedback to the participants.
- Engaging in events and OC tasks such as classroom pitches, event planning and social activities throughout the year.
Why you should join
We encourage big ideas and promise a steep learning curve. The reasons to join are many:
- Self-development: Being part of the OC gives you the opportunity to engage in a challenging and purpose-driven environment in which only you set the limit for your own development.
- Business Relations: Besides looking incredibly good on your CV, Business Battlefield offers you a chance to gain insight into the business world, expand your network and create relations to expert partners, jury members and Business Battlefield partners.
- Friends & Fun: The social aspect of Business Battlefield is a huge part of being in the Organising Committee. Together with your fellow OC’s, you will enjoy a year full of social activities, including the annual cottage trip.
The workload will be varying from February to November during 2021. However, it will be approximately 10+ hours a week, including one weekly meeting. The position requires that you can spend one whole week in November working on the BB event.
If the above sounds interesting to you, please send us a short motivational letter (max half a page), and your CV - no grade transcripts! If relevant for the position, please attach an example of your previous work. (E.g. portfolio, letter of recommendation etc.)
Application deadline is Saturday the 23rd of January 2021 and interviews will be held in week 4 and 5. Please note you need to be a student to apply, and the position is unpaid.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Business Battlefield Steering Committee 2021
Pernille and Tobias
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.