Certification Engineer for our Performance & Emission department
Do you want to affect engine technology development and be a part of the green transition within the global fleet of ships that move 90% of the world’s cargo? If so, please continue reading!
At MAN Energy Solutions Copenhagen, we are developing propulsion engines and solutions for the global merchant vessel fleet. We design, develop, test and carry out service on these engines. Test activities are carried out at our research facility in Copenhagen and abroad on engines at our licensees test beds in South Korea, Japan and China or on-board vessels worldwide.
What are you going to do?
As our new Certification Engineer, you will:
- Work with leading engine technologies, including our low-carbon dual fuel engines enabling the carbon neutral transition
- Carry out environmental certification tasks, related to both NOx and CO2 emissions and both for retrofit projects as well as selected new-building projects
- Interpret and apply the latest emission-regulations, such as IMO MARPOL ANNEX VI as well as US EPA Code of Federal Regulations (40 CFR)
- Plan, participate, analyze and follow up on emission surveys abroad, both remotely and on-site
- Use and further develop existing calculation and certification tools
- Support the development of certification guidelines
- Correspond with and support both internal and external business partners
Who are you?
We imagine that you:
- Are a M/B.Sc. in mechanical engineering or have an equivalent education specialized within environmental engineering / emission technology, combustion engines or environmental law
- Possess a solid technical understanding and technical writing skills
- Possess good communication and collaboration skills
- Are highly organized as well as dedicated esp. with regard to documentation and reporting
- Have computational and data evaluation skills
- Possess good English skills in writing and speaking
- Have minimum 3 years of working experience within a relevant field
How is your new team/area of business?
The group is a part of our R&D department and is responsible for optimization of the engine portfolio within the fields of engine process optimization, emission reduction technologies, emission certification, turbocharging and fuel injection. The position will include work with both new engine design and existing design. Test activities takes place mainly at our licensees in Southeast Asia and on-board of merchant vessels worldwide, and will require some travel activity.
Who is MAN Energy Solutions?
With headquarter in Germany, MAN Energy Solutions employs around 15,000 people worldwide. Of these, we are approx. 2,200 passionate employees in Denmark in three locations: Copenhagen, Frederikshavn and Holeby. With more than 250 years of experience in advanced engineering, we deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe. MAN Energy Solutions works on the motto "Future in The Making", because we make a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions and contribute to a carbon neutral economy.
What can MAN Energy Solutions offer you?
MAN Energy Solutions offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, which among other things includes:
- Health insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Massage scheme
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility
- Free parking
How do you apply?
If you think the job sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply” and attach CV, application letter and other relevant documents. The application deadline is Sunday the 24th of October 2021. We will conduct interviews during the application period. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Anders Jark Jørgensen by phone on +45 24985864.
More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
MAN Energy Solutions encourages all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability and ethnic background to apply for this position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.