Cell Biology, Intern
Are you passionate about pluripotent stem cells and their use in translational medicine? Are you looking for an exciting hands-on learning opportunity to supplement your studies? If so, apply for a 6-12 month internship in our Stem Cell Biology department at Novo Nordisk A/S in Måløv, Denmark. Join us!
You will be part of an international group of dedicated employees, comprised of scientists, laboratory technicians, and student workers, all focusing on translating stem cell-based therapies, to ultimately treat patients suffering from Type 1 diabetes. During your internship, you will:
- Support our efforts in stem cell cultivation and differentiation across multiple platforms
- Get a tailored onboarding program where you will learn to cultivate and differentiate human pluripotent stem cells in adherent and suspension culture
- Work with several different cell lines including gene-edited cell lines
- Participate in the laboratory's daily work and interact with technicians and scientists
An important part of the position is to take part in organizing and maintaining laboratory consumables and equipment, including stocking up the labs. In collaboration with colleagues from our own and neighbouring departments, you will be involved in planning, performing, and evaluating experiments aiming to improve our differentiation protocols toward the desired cell type. Analytical methods in our area include flow cytometric assays, single-cell expression analyses, histology, and imaging. Practicalities:
- Internship duration: 6 months (with a possibility to extend for 6 additional months)
- Working hours: Full-time (min. 25 - max. 37 hours a week)
- Start date: August 2023.
- A Danish full-time work permit is required
Internships are remunerated if your educational track allows.
We are looking for an intern who is passionate about stem cell biology and molecular assays. You are currently enrolled in your Master’s degree or just finished the Bachelor’s degree in Cell Biology, Human Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, or a similar field of study.
- Good understanding of cell signalling processes and molecular biology in general
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following methods: cell culture of mammalian cells and specifically pluripotent stem cells, bioreactors, RNA/DNA purification, histology, microscopy, RT-qPCR data analysis, and interpretation
- Able to manage multiple tasks in parallel (with supervision) and have sound personal judgment to take decisions during your daily work
- Well-structured and diligent approach at work with a thrive in an innovative environment while bringing a can-do attitude
- Fluency and willingness to communicate in English
As a person, you are an outgoing team player with a strong personal drive and dedication. Finally, you should have a strong work ethic and be willing to take responsibility for your own projects and progress.
About the department
You will be part of an international group of dedicated employees, composed of scientists, laboratory technicians, and student workers, focusing on the translation of stem cell-based cell therapies into clinics. Promising proof-of-principle studies show that cell therapies can address unmet medical needs in a wide range of indications, including, but not limited to, the implantation of stem cell-derived pancreatic beta-cells to treat diabetes. However, the procedures available for manufacturing these cells for clinical applications still need to be optimized. In our department, we are experts in stem cell-derived pancreatic beta-cell biology, in vitro protocol optimization, and upscaling in bioreactors, and we are working on closing this gap so that cell therapy in the future can make a difference in the lives of patients.
For more information, please contact one of our Research Scientists, Elena Ricci-Signorini at +45 30 77 54 93 or Thomas Kleiber at +45 30 79 10 12.
11 June 2023. Kindly note that applications will be reviewed continuously, and interviews conducted on a rolling basis. Please refrain from adding a photo to your CV to ensure fair and efficient processing.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.