Highly professional, efficient and experienced profile
The recent years have been very eventful for Universal Robots. The company has new owners and undergone a significant development both technically and organizationally with significant growth rates and changes. This positive development is continuing.
As Category Manager you will report to Director Strategic Sourcing. You will be responsible for developing and executing category strategies within electro-mechanical components. In addition, you will manage UR’s relationship with key suppliers – suppliers that are critical to UR in order to execute our growth & earning plans. Due to the rapid growth rates, the job and supplier portfolio will develop continuously, and in 2018 consist of a global supply base delivering mechanical parts to UR’s assembly factories worth more than 100 million DKK.
Your daily workplace is Universal Robots’ headquarter in Odense.
- Develop and execute category strategies within electromechanical component categories, primarily gears and motors
- Manage and lead category teams
- Manage and lead UR relation with key suppliers
- Conduct market and supply analysis
- Develop internal requirement analysis
- Formulate and drive category strategies & plans
- Maintain close cooperation with category team members and key internal stakeholders
- Lead supplier selection and commercial approval process
- Facilitate supplier audits
- Lead supplier negotiation & contracting
- Drive and manage supplier related projects and change management
- Work closely with R&D, Operations & Quality in order to achieve objectives within quality, cost & innovation
The ideal candidate holds an electro-mechanical or production engineering degree combined with a commercial add. You have a strong and proven track record from a similar position ideally from a multinational, industrial corporation. Additionally, you have a solid understanding & knowledge about electro-mechanical parts and production processes.
We expect that you have:
- Plus five years of experience as international strategic purchase or category manager.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Experience with both high volume sourcing and new product development
- Solid experience within strategic negotiation
- Strong cooperation skills and at the same time can influence stakeholders and ensure key objectives are delivered
- Good business acumen
- Holistic and strong strategic mindset
- Result focused 'getting things done' mindset
We offer an exciting job in a fast growing company with great professional challenges. The work environment is informal and open where you will have plenty of opportunities to influence your own tasks and be part of making a difference. You will have qualified and motivated colleagues in Denmark and abroad.
If this job sounds appealing to you, please send your resume and application by clicking the “Ansøg” link
If you have any questions please contact:
Troels Hornsved - Tel. +45 2515 6702
About the company
Universal Robots was co-founded in 2005 by the company’s CTO, Esben Østergaard, who wanted to make robot technology accessible to all by developing small, user-friendly, reasonably priced, flexible industrial robots that are safe to work with. Since the first robot was launched in 2008, the company has experienced considerable growth with the user-friendly robots now sold in more than 50 countries worldwide. The company, which is a part of Teradyne Inc., is headquartered in Odense, Denmark, and has subsidiaries and regional offices in USA, Spain, Germany, Italy, Czech Republic, China, Singapore, India, Japan, Taiwan and South Korea.
For more information, please visit https://www.universal-robots.com/
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Tlf.: +45 2515 6702