Category Manager, Odense, Denmark
Can you execute category strategies within electromechanical or fabricated component categories, such as gears, motors or machined parts? Can you formulate and drive category plans in accordance with our overall category strategy? If so you may be the Category Manager at Universal Robots.
Universal Robots is the worldwide market leader in collaborative robots. Our robots have revolutionized the way people work – not by making jobs redundant, but by improving productivity and creating a safer work environment.
Universal Robots is looking for highly-skilled employees who are capable of meeting the challenges of developing ground-breaking robots and bringing these to the market. The company is in the process of building its global organization and a strong market position. Since 2015 Universal Robots is part of Teradyne Inc.
About the role
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Sourcing, the Category Manager will be responsible for executing the category strategies within the assigned categories. The present supplier portfolio is mostly locally based, and due to the rapid growth rates, the supplier portfolio will be developed continuously. In 2018, it will consist of a global supply base delivering mechanical parts to Universal Robots (UR). The Category Manager will develop and manage UR’s relationships with key suppliers together with the global Teradyne Sourcing organization.
- Conduct supply analysis and capacity planning for key categories
- Formulate and drive category plans in accordance with the overall category strategy
- Represent Sourcing in NPI project development and represent the commercial sourcing view
- Ensure new product development supplier selection can deliver in accordance to cost, capability and quality objectives. Also lead supplier negotiation and participate in Teradyne led negotiations
- Participate in Supplier Business reviews
- Identify collaboration opportunities in the global matrix and utilize synergies within Teradyne Supply Chain.
- Drive quality and optimization in close coordination with the Supplier Quality Engineering team and maintain close cooperation with category team members and key internal stakeholders
We are looking for a candidate with strong negotiation skills and a strong international focus.
- A relevant educational degree in engineering e.g. production, mechanical, electro-mechanical or Business Development or similar
- 5+ years of experience from a similar position in a multinational, industrial corporation.
- Alternatively, you have a proven track record from a position with a more limited area of responsibility and have a clear talent to develop rapidly in this new position.
- Experience in working with strategic negotiation, supplier management, IP right, liability and warranty.
- Experience from an adjacent position (e.g. sales, product management or portfolio management), with a strong international focus on business relations and the context of the entire supply chain of the company
- Excellent command of English, both written and spoken is required. Working knowledge of other languages, are considered a plus.
At Universal Robots, we ask a lot from our employees and in exchange we offer an exciting job in a dynamic and fast-growing company with the opportunity of working alongside skilled and talented colleagues. You will be empowered to help make Universal Robots a success. You will be given responsibility and can take responsibility. We trust our employees to make educated decisions that benefit the organization. Join us on an exciting journey where UR is building the future.
We look forward to hearing from you
If you have further questions about the position, please contact HR Business Partner Birgit Andresen on +45 2810 4776 or Director Strategic Sourcing Claus Damgaard on +45 4060 0819.
Please note that interviews are held continuously.
As soon as possible
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder