Category Engineer - Mechanics, Odense, Denmark
Can you develop and set standards for supplier documentation for key mechanical suppliers critical to UR? Do you want to work with internal engineering organizations to influence product design and specifications early in the design cycle? Are you driven to minimize cost while maximizing supply chain flexibility and long-term quality? If so, then you are likely to be our new Category Engineer of mechanic components for robotics!
Universal Robots is the worldwide market leader in collaborative robots. Our robots have revolutionized the way people work - not by making jobs redundant, but by improving productivity and creating a safer work environment.
Universal Robots is looking for highly-skilled employees who are capable of meeting the challenges of developing ground-breaking robots and bringing these to the market. The company is in the process of building its global organization and a strong market position. Since 2015 Universal Robots is part of Teradyne Inc.
About the role
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Sourcing, the Category Engineer will be responsible for supplier documentation, specifications and quality for subcontracted products to ensure lowest optimal installed cost. The Category Engineer will develop and set standards for supplier documentation for key mechanical suppliers critical to UR.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Key technical interface to the supply base to ensure robust and improved documentation
- Lead Design for Manufacturing and Design for Sourcing initiatives towards suppliers and R&D departments
- Conduct drawing reviews and ensure supplier feedback to documentation to ensure DFM/DFS
- Develop guidelines for DFM and train R&D engineers to best practice documentation
- Setting up Design Manuals and standards
- Provide guidance to engineering groups with the identification of mainstream technologies which support new product performance and cost targets as well as assist in directing sourcing
- Conduct technical reviews on documentation for our NPI activities
We are looking for a candidate with strong engineering skills and focus on supplier interfaces.
The ideal candidate has:
- A relevant educational degree in engineering e.g. production, mechanical, electro-mechanical
- 3+ years of experience from a similar position within a multinational, industrial corporation
- Alternatively, you have a proven track record from a position as e.g. Supplier Quality Engineer or production engineer in a technical environment
- Experience in working within the field of technical supplier communication and a proven drawing experience as a discipline
- Striving for an optimal level of cost, capability and quality, taking supplier inputs and feasibility into account
- Excellent command of English, both written and spoken is required
At Universal Robots, we ask a lot from our employees and in exchange we offer an exciting job in a dynamic and fast-growing company with the opportunity of working alongside skilled and talented colleagues. You will be empowered to help make Universal Robots a success. You will be given responsibility and can take responsibility. We trust our employees to make educated decisions that benefit the organization. Join us on an exciting journey where UR is building the future.
We look forward to hearing from you
If you have further questions about the position, please contact HR Business Partner Birgit Andresen on +45 2810 4776 or Director Strategic Sourcing Claus Damgaard on +45 4060 0819.
Please note that interviews are held continuously.
As soon as possible
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder