Would you like to have focus on technical aspects, complex calculations and be part of building cable connections across all our offshore wind farms?
Join us and become Cable Specialist in our High Voltage Cable Specialists department where you’ll evaluate the technical quality and compliance of 33-400kV offshore and onshore cable connections and perform calculations within ampacity, induced voltages, etc. You’ll be involved in all engineering phases, from research and development to operations and maintenance, related to our complete range of onshore and offshore cable systems.
You’ll be part of a department of highly skilled cable specialists focussing only on cable technology and onshore cable installation methods. The department is part of all offshore projects within the organisation, and you’ll therefore contribute to all projects with specialist knowledge on array and export cable technology, thermal and electrical analysis, etc.
Your key tasks will be to
- perform thermal, electrical and mechanical calculations in accordance with latest standards and best practices
- perform ad-hoc support on cable-related issues to projects in development, execution and operation
- ensure technical quality of your assigned projects, by analysing non-conformities and creating lessons learnt in the organisation
- support the tender team to evaluate the technical compliance of the various cable suppliers in terms of testing, design, accessories and termination work as well as supporting the development of technical levers for optimising costs and time schedules on our projects in execution
- assist our existing wind farms in securing high availability on all assets.
Your competences include that you
- have a master’s degree in electrical engineering or similar
- have a proactive and systematic approach to the technical tasks across the department
- have a high focus on ensuring that all your stakeholders are always managed
- speak and write English fluently.
It’s an advantage if you have knowledge of HV cables or work with HV cables from your present (or former) employment; however it’s not a requirement, as we will teach you what you need to know!
You thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders. You’re independent and a strong initiator with the ability to contribute to challenging issues within a complex matrix organisation.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 1 December 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Rasmus Aabye Olsen, Manager of HV Cable Specialists, by telephone on +45 6124 4380 if you’d like to know more about the position.
All UK based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work, especially between our locations within Europe.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.