Imagine a future where you’ll play a key role in the mechanical design and optimisation of HV cable connections across all our offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll evaluate the technical quality and compliance of 33-400kV offshore and onshore cable connections and perform mechanical global static and dynamic analysis modelling. You’ll have a wide range of technical responsibilities within a rapidly developing and globally expanding industry supporting your life-long technical and personal development.
Welcome to High Voltage Cable Specialist
You’ll be part of HV Cable Specialist department where you, together with your colleagues, will contribute to all projects with your mechanical specialist knowledge on array and export cable technology and mechanical simulations. The department is part of all offshore projects within the organisation, and we offer a unique opportunity to work with industry leaders within cable technology, optimisation, simulations, and essentially all aspects of cable system design.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing and performing mechanical calculations in accordance with latest standards and best practices
- performing technical support on hang-offs, J-Tubes, cable protection systems, and other mechanical topics for projects in the development, execution, and operation phase
- ensuring the technical quality across different projects by analysing non-conformities and creating lessons learnt in the organisation
- assisting our existing wind farms in securing high availability on all assets.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree in mechanical engineering with experience in cables, pipelines, or umbilicals
- have experience with performing mechanical global static and dynamic analysis modelling, preferably in the tool ‘Orcaflex'
- have experience with performing ultimate limit state (ULS) and fatigue limit state (FLS) analyses
- have a proactive and systematic approach to the technical tasks across the department
- have an independent mindset, and are a strong initiator with the ability to contribute to challenging issues within a complex matrix organisation.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 09 May 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Rasmus Aabye Olsen, Manager, on +4561244380 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.