Join us in this role where you’ll evaluate the technical quality and compliance of 33-400 kV offshore and onshore cable connections and perform calculations within ampacity, induced voltages, etc. You’ll have a wide range of technical responsibilities within a rapidly developing and globally expanding industry, thereby supporting your life-long technical and personal development.
Welcome to High Voltage Cable Specialist
You’ll be part of HV Cable Specialist where you, together with your colleagues, will contribute to all projects with specialist knowledge on array and export cable technology, thermal and electrical analysis, etc. The department is part of all offshore projects within the organisation, and we offer a unique opportunity to work with industry leaders within cable technology, optimisation, simulations, and essentially all aspects of cable design.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing and performing thermal, electrical, and mechanical calculations in accordance with latest standards and best practices
- performing ad hoc support on cable-related issues for projects in development, execution, and operation
- ensuring the technical quality across different projects by analysing non-conformities and creating lessons learnt in the organisation
- assisting our existing wind farms in securing high availability on all assets
- participating in selected development activities.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a PhD or master’s degree in electrical engineering
- have a proactive and systematic approach to the technical tasks across the department
- have the ability to speak and write English fluently
- have the ability to thrive in an international environment and to create good relationships with your stakeholders
- have an independent mindset with the ability to contribute to challenging issues within a complex matrix organisation.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 6 December 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Rasmus Aabye Olsen, Manager, on +4561244380 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.