C++ backend Developer
Can you transform legacy code into elegant futureproof solutions? Combined with a strong reputation for delivering high quality and easy to read software? Then you might be FOSS’ new C++ backend developer.
At FOSS R&D Software we are looking for an object-oriented developer to join a great team based in Hillerød, Denmark. Your primary task will be to help us maintain and optimize our stable and proven C++ software and going forward to transform it into C# based next generation codebase. Your deliveries will play a key role in our innovative and market leading
instruments and you will have hands-on opportunity to run and test your code on the actual relevant instruments in our hardware lab here at the office.
On a daily basis, you will have the chance to work together with highly skilled experts within their field, collaborating in scrum teams where the challenge is to bridge between many different areas of expertise and innovative technologies. You will be able to make your mark and directly see your contribution to the customers’ business.
Your primary tasks will include:
- Back-end development of applications for analytical instruments using C++
- Sufficient knowledge of or interest to acquire the skills in C# to start reshaping relevant parts of the C++ codebase into C#
- Contributing and innovating how “we do things”, while suggesting new technologies
- Clarification and documentation of new features
- Participating in code reviews / pull requests
- Ensuring the code can be tested automatically, as well as unit testing own code.
We are looking for a new colleague with the following qualifications:
- Experienced SW Engineer/Developer
- Solid foundation in theoretical computer science
- Expert in C++ - preferably with knowledge of MFC
- Professional proficiency and ambitions to improve in .NET/C#
- Good at visualizing and documenting designs
- A team player with solid communication skills in English and Danish – written and spoken
You have experience with performing stakeholder reviews and gathering feedback. You follow technology trends and try them out. You have an excellent understanding of complex systems, and how the dots connect.
It will be an advantage if you also have experience with:
- Visual Studio and Azure DevOps (TFS)
- MS SQL Database
- TCPIP / UDP communication
- Agile methodologies and scrum development processes
In general, your colleagues will know your work as easy to read and understand. People respect you, and like to work with you, because of your technical competencies and ability to communicate complex concepts in a concise manner. You master the art of simplicity. You promote continuous improvement to the way of working for you and your team.
At FOSS R&D Software, our developers apply the latest and greatest tools based on C# and C++ to develop state of the art online enabled and accessible applications and services. FOSS R&D Software occupies 70 software professionals in development and test. Additionally, FOSS has about 40 professionals distributed in Pécs in Hungary and in Saint Petersburg in Russia.
Joining us, you will get a challenging job, in an international and innovative company, that is small enough for you to get high influence in the job, and big enough for complex development and career development. We have a flat and informal company culture and an open-minded and collegial spirit. The size of our company allows for independent, dynamic, and fast decisions, and you will have the opportunity for constant learning through new projects, technologies, teams, and market opportunities.
FOSS has a solid record of continued business growth and a strong business strategy for an exciting future journey. We anticipate increased software development so there are plenty of opportunities for personal growth!
Send us your application via the link. We screen applications as they come in, so apply now - better today than tomorrow!
Any questions can be directed to Trine Aarup Ahrensberg on mobile +45 2761 6820.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.