Business development manager, scouting & venturing, lyngby
Are you passionate about developing and commercializing new biotech solutions to help mitigate climate change? Then you might be our new Business Development Manager for the Carbon Capture Venture.
Work for a cause, not just a company
Novozymes is the world’s leading provider of industrial enzymes and microorganisms. Together with our customers, partners, and the global community, we use our innovative thinking and passion for science to boost industries and make everyday products more sustainable for the good of the planet. Our biological solutions enable higher agricultural yields, healthy food consumption, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel, and many other biological solutions that the world can benefit from – both today and in years to come. We need people who are eager to try new things, motivated by challenge, and not afraid to fail but driven to try again. And again. We know that original thinking happens when we’re given the flexibility to focus and the freedom to fully unfold our individual strengths. This is key to our innovation power. We call it Rethink Tomorrow.
Join us as our new Business Development Manager
Novozymes is increasing our engagement within solutions for Enzymatic Carbon Capture. The UN has put the world on “red alert” – we need to act now to avoid severe future climate changes. Carbon Capture plays a crucial role as emissions must go negative, and to bridge the gap until the global green energy transition is ready. In this job, you will work with the Venture Lead to expand our Carbon Capture venture, which is currently in a commercialization and scaling phase. You will collaborate with a cross-functional team and external partners to execute on the venture strategy, prioritize and progress commercial opportunities and continue to deepen our understanding of the market and financial levers.
Welcome to Scouting & Ventures
You will join a passionate and dynamic team driving growth for Novozymes in new areas. Our team is responsible for identifying, assessing and maturing significant new growth opportunities for Novozymes beyond current activities, aligned to our strategy and sustainability purpose. In doing so, we work closely together with the other divisions and executive leadership.
In this role you’ll make an impact by:
- Working closely with the Venture Lead to build on and execute the strategy of the venture and align with key stakeholders, incl. senior leadership
- Developing trusted collaborations and driving key customer engagements for existing and new opportunities
- Leading dialogues and negotiations with partners and customers, serving as a key coordination point and go-to person
- Working closely with other NZ functions to coordinate customer outreach and enable cross-selling opportunities
- Validating the commercial potential of new and on-going opportunities within the venture through market analysis, customer and expert interviews, attending relevant conferences, etc.
- Taking project lead of selected customer project opportunities in cooperation with our engineering partners and the R&D organization, working with agile techniques to ensure the project team delivers on project goals and milestones and help to achieve a fast and viable route to market
To succeed you must hold:
- Strong stakeholder management skills, both managing internal and external (e.g. customer and partner) stakeholders
- Strong project management skills and experience leading multiple complex, cross-functional projects independently, incl. product development and partner projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish a high level of trust, respect and influence with customers. Industry-relevant experience is a plus – e.g. experience from the energy transition industry, EPC projects, engineering consultancies or carbon credit markets
- Analytical mindset and business acumen to deliver strong execution in a fast-developing industry
- +5 years’ experience in business development, marketing and/or sales
- Strong and structured English communication skills – written, spoken and in presentations
- Masters or PhD degree in either Business (e.g., MBA) or the Natural Sciences (e.g., Microbiology, Chemical Engineering, Bio-Medical Sciences). A combined scientific and commercial background is ideal but not required
This job will be located at our Innovation Campus in Lyngby, Denmark
Application deadline: 18 December 2022.
Contact details: Head of Venture Creation Elisa Pasch, email@example.com
At Novozymes we commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants. To ensure a fair recruitment process, please refrain from adding a photo in your resume/CV.
Novozymes is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability, or veteran status.
Want to learn more?
Did you know that every year our products help cut global CO2 emissions by around 90 million tons? Learn more about Novozymes, our purpose, and your career opportunities at novozymes.com.
Not the right fit for you?
Even if this job isn't the right fit for you, perhaps you know someone who might find it interesting. If so, please feel free to share the job link and encourage them to apply. Thank you for your referral! Please check out our other open positions. The right fit for you could just be a few clicks away.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.