Business Developer within Medical Diagnostics
Center for Diagnostics at DTU Health Tech is looking to hire a dedicated business developer within Medical Diagnostics.
Are you a commercially minded and astute business developer with a technical / scientific background and a solid network within the hospital environment and the biotech industry?
If so, you can become our new business developer at the Center for Diagnostics (CfD) at the Department of Health Technology.
About the Center and the group
CfD offers human and veterinary diagnostic services on a commercial basis, and harbours an active development unit that develops new rapid quality-assured diagnostic tests in collaboration with other DTU departments and hospitals. Our tests are used, among other purposes, for biomarker detection in point-of-care devices (POCT) and in sensors in hospitals, in the agriculture and fisheries industry, and in society at large. We specialize in the development of PCR and serological tests, but we are ready to expand our portfolio with more types of analysis when the need arises.
Our ambition is for CfD to become a successful gateway to laboratory diagnostics at DTU for even more stakeholders, and we have a special focus on expanding our collaboration with the hospital sector and the biotech industry.
About the job
Our new business developer will drive the build-up of the Center's human diagnostics business in close collaboration with the head of development and help to ensure that our diagnostics solutions are implemented in hospitals and companies for the benefit of society.
Your work tasks are linked to the Center's development group, which currently consists of 5 assay developers and a laboratory technician. We aim to expand the group in parallel with our portfolio of projects.
- Identify and seek out potential commercialization partners among established companies and hospitals in collaboration with other members of the group
- Commercial maturation of the Center's diagnostics projects, which stem from collaboration with hospitals and biotech companies
- Drive the commercialization process, from the assessment of an invention to commercialization in the form of establishing a spin-out or agreement with an established company
- Preparation of and follow-up on commercial action plans for the projects
- Preparation of the groundwork for commercial agreements and negotiation of the agreement itself
- Patent management, including evaluation of new inventions in dialogue with our developers, internal patent advisors, and external patent agents
The specific tasks are shaped according to your competencies and experience.
You are an academic with knowledge of the university environment and you have the following qualifications:
- Master's degree in a technical / scientific subject area, including Industry 4.0, Robotics, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things and the like, or Cand. med. with similar background
- Minimum 5 years of relevant industry experience
- Solid network in the hospital sector
- Experience with commercialization of early-stage technology, start-ups, patents, and product development, and knowledge of the university environment, will be a clear advantage
- Experience in connecting and negotiating with external partners, including knowledge of deal flow when licensing and establishing spin-out companies
- Positive, team oriented and structured
- Network builder
What we offer you
A challenging job in an area that receives a lot of national and international attention. An academically exciting environment with a strong focus on quality and development. A high degree of independent responsibility in problem solving with many areas of collaboration / opportunities / partners within and outside the university. In addition, DTU is a family-friendly workplace with an informal and open way of working and flexible working hours.
Salary and terms of employment
Salary, pension, and other terms of employment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (AC). The salary is commensurate with the content of the job and your qualifications. The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
The workplace is Building 202, Lyngby Campus.
Application and contact
Please submit your online application no later than 30 May 2021 (Danish time). Apply online here: Business Developer within Medical Diagnostics. Open the link "Ansøg", fill in the application form and attach the application, CV and exam diplomas.
The recruitment process is expected to be completed as soon as possible after the application deadline.
If you would like additional information about the position, please contact Head of Development Helene Larsen tel: +45 4244 0166, e-mail: email@example.com
All interested regardless of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnicity are encouraged to apply.
DTU Health Tech engages in research, education, and innovation base on technical and natural science for the healthcare sector. The Healthcare sector is a globally expanding market with demands for the most advanced technological solutions. DTU Health Tech creates the foundation for companies to develop new and innovative services and products which benefit people and create value for society. DTU Health Techs expertise spans from imaging and biosensor techniques, across digital health and biological modelling, to biopharma technologies. The department has a scientific staff of about 175 persons, 130 PhD students and a technical/administrative support staff of about 80 persons.
Technology for people
DTU develops technology for people. With our international elite research and study programmes, we are helping to create a better world and to solve the global challenges formulated in the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Hans Christian Ørsted founded DTU in 1829 with a clear vision to develop and create value using science and engineering to benefit society. That vision lives on today. DTU has 12,900 students and 6,000 employees. We work in an international atmosphere and have an inclusive, evolving, and informal working environment. Our main campus is in Kgs. Lyngby north of Copenhagen and we have campuses in Roskilde and Ballerup and in Sisimiut in Greenland.