Business Analyst or Senior Business Analyst for Technical Valuation
Would you like to take part in reducing the cost of electricity within the world’s largest offshore wind company and further develop our approach to valuation of technical solutions?
Join us and become Business Analyst or Senior Business Analyst in our Technical Valuation team. We’re responsible for delivering technical valuations, optimisation and support to our wind projects by providing various analyses on the potential cost of electricity levers to be adopted in the projects. We play an active role in evaluating tenders and support negotiations. We also provide input to various parts of the organisation including the executive management, strategy and communication. We have a crucial role in making offshore wind an even more competitive energy source than it is today.
Your key tasks will be to
- deliver technical valuation, optimisation and support to wind projects as well as develop new valuation or assessment frameworks/methods
- be responsible for financial and value lever assessments of technical initiatives
- prepare valuation impact of cost of electricity initiatives and support tenders and supplier negotiations
- develop and maintain our cost of electricity reference plant calculations
- secure governance and quality check.
As Business Analyst, you’re the subject matter expert and trusted financial partner for the EPC organisation, the wind projects and for executive management. Thus, you perform financial impact analyses and support our project managers with quantifications, for example in relation to business cases for the next generation of foundations, wind turbines and other key wind farm components
Your competences include that you
- have a degree in finance or engineering with strong knowledge of financial concepts or a degree corresponding to the Danish degrees in business administration or economics (cand.merc., cand.polit., cand.oecon.) or equivalent with a strong technical interest
- ideally have experience from an equivalent position in the energy sector, either within a cost of electricity department, a cost reduction department or in a financial role
- are proficient in and willing to work with discounted cash flow valuations
- are acquainted with complex Excel modelling and speak and write English fluently.
As a person, you have good communication skills and are able to present results in a professional manner to your business partners. You are outgoing and proactive, you work systematically, show responsibility and can deliver high-quality solutions. You have a results-oriented and value-adding approach to your work and have a flair for working with complicated analytical challenges. Moreover, you’re able to create results through teamwork and develop good relationships to your colleagues and stakeholders.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 1 May 2018, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Claus Blink, Head of Investment Analysis and Technical Valuation, by telephone on +45 9955 6653 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Criminal record certificate
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may procure a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Tlf.: +45 9955 6653