For our Blade Materials Team we are looking for a highly skilled Blade Materials Engineer within the specialist field of composite materials and structures. The Blade Materials Team is responsible for screening and development of new materials, development and maintenance of the technical requirement specification, establishment of failure mode maps and criteria for laminates, sandwich structures and adhesive joints, integration and consolidation of design values.
What are my responsibilities?
- Work as technical lead in cause and effect analysis of material parameters and their influence on the blade integrity. This to ensure derivation and development of quality characteristics
- Ownership of the blade materials risk overview in terms of materials requirements for wind turbine blades
- Take lead in characterization and specification of blade material design values for adhesive joints
- Manage and support test execution at internal/external institutes
- Conduct virtual testing to predict materials properties and supplement the empiric data
- Maintain and develop materials failure mode maps and models for adhesive joints
- Engage in contact with certification bodies and ensure compliance with certification requirements
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have a master’s degree or a Ph.D. in mechanical or aerospace engineering
- You have minimum 3 years of experience from the wind, aerospace or automotive industry
- You have thorough knowledge in the area of mechanics of composite materials, including experience with material characterization and testing, failure analysis and fracture mechanics
- You have knowledge of certification and sub structure/component testing methodology
- Experience with composite design and construction - knowledge of 3D design and analysis tools like ANSYS/Matlab will be an advantage
- You have excellent communication skills and are able to communicate you results in a clear and convincing manner
- You have a structured approach to your work and are able to handle simultaneous assignments without losing the overview
- You are able to work independently and you can drive your own assignments
- You possess excellent English skills both orally and in writing
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens Wind Power is a leading supplier of wind power solutions for onshore, offshore and coastal sites. Denmark is a core part of Siemens’ global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 6,000 employees out of a global staff of more than 11,500 work with wind power solutions in Denmark. Read more at www.siemens.com/windpower.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
Apply online in English for the job via "Ansøg" link. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
For further information about the recruitment process, please contact the recruiting team via phone: +45 4477 5772.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder