Big Data Engineer
You will be part of our Big Data initiatives and help structure and support the processes for collecting, storing, processing and analyzing big data
Big Data Engineer, IT, Bagsvaerd, DK
Pioneer a brighter future
At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make a sustainable impact. We use science to advance industries. As part of Corporate Functions, you will help empower people, enable decision making and create the agility that will strengthen Novozymes’ competitive edge and extend the reach of our biological answers.
Big Data Engineer, IT, Bagsvaerd, DK
Novozymes has embarked on the Digitalization and Big Data journey and we have many exciting initiatives ongoing. We believe strongly in establishing Novozymes internal capabilities within Big Data and want to proof the value of Big Data with high-performing teams and dedicated focus. As teams are formed to drive initiatives forward we need an ambitious and skilled Data Engineer to help us get a shared, well-supported, future-proof Big data foundation in place.
Our new Data Engineer will be part of our Big Data initiatives and help structure and support the processes for collecting, storing, processing and analyzing big data. In the initial phases your focus will be on framing the Big Data Platform together with architects, data scientist and business analysts and identifying the toolset and structures required for a scalable solution supporting our many initiatives. Following the focus will be on testing, implementation, maintenance and monitoring the solution components with a continuous focus on exploration, optimization and improvement. You will also have co-responsibility for the Big Data Platforms integration with the wider architecture used across the company.
You will be anchored in Novozymes IT and it will be your job to ensure that many parallel Big Data initiatives in the Novozymes corporate business units are established on a uniform set of processes, supported by open source tools, delivered within frameworks on a shared platform supporting the various needs of business units. Initiatives will go through different stages of development through to production and they must be supported accordingly throughout this lifecycle.
Your tasks include selecting and integrating Big Data tools and frameworks required to support Big Data initiatives; Implementing ETL processes to manage data sources and target destinations; Defining data retention policies; Developing, maintaining, testing and evaluating Data Scientists’ recipes with relevant toolsets; Monitoring and controlling versioning and code promotion; Monitoring performance and advising on changes to setup; and supporting Data Scientists and Business Analysts on daily operations related to tools and processes.
In this position, you need:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or software engineering and a minimum of 3 years of practical experience working with Big Data.
- To thrive with complex problem solving on a daily basis.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Experience with the use of distributed computing principles and experience with building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Storm and Spark-Streaming.
- Proficiency with Hadoop and good knowledge of Big Data querying tools, such as Pig, Hive, and Impala, and NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra and MongoDB.
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources using nifi or similar, and with various messaging systems, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ.
- Knowledge of various ETL techniques and frameworks and experience in designing robust workflows.
- Good understanding of Lambda Architecture, along with its advantages and drawbacks and experience and desire to work with cloud computing environments.
- To prefer working in teams and collaborating with others to clarify requirements. You want to be ahead of the game and you see development potentials and possess the skills to drive these forward.
- A good sense of humor and the ability to communicate well with people from different organizational units.
Are you the next Zymer in our team? Consider a career with Novozymes and let’s realize your potential together.
To find out more about the position, please contact Jacob Steen Due (+45 3077 1444).
Please submit your application as soon as possible as we will be reviewing and interviewing on an ongoing basis.
Application deadline: 31 March 2017.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder