Are you passionate about cloud technology, and BI & analytics architecture? And would you like to be a part of a team that drives the technological transformation in BEC and enables our customers to have best-in-class tools within BI and analytics? Then it might be you we are looking for.
You will play an active role in the implementation of a secure and stable new cloud BI and analytics platform
As a BI architect you will support the team in refining features and tasks. Your close cooperation with various key stakeholders in BEC, including Enterprise Architecture, will ensure a safe and aligned architecture that will enable the team to implement the data warehouse accordingly. Upon implementation of the Azure infrastructure foundation, the team will implement the data warehouse (including data staging area, and EDW), after which migration of current BI solutions from current on-premise platform to the new cloud platform will take place. Furthermore, you will take part in ensuring a sound architecture and integration to existing reporting tools, SAP Business Objects, SAS, as well as new tool: PowerBI.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- create, present and align solution intent and other architectural documents with key stakeholders across BEC
- ensure the integration of PowerBI into exisiting architecture
- preparing and conducting training sessions for internal developers at BEC as well as external with BEC’s customers
- describe key tasks in order to implement the solution designs
- hands-on implementation of new BI & Analytics platform
As a person you are a skilled communicator that feels comfortable sharing your knowledge with your colleagues and stakeholders on all organizational levels. You are a practioner and are motivated by taking active part in implementation tasks, which could be data modelling tasks, or scripting. You are a team player with the ability to cope with pressures and setbacks.
We expect you to have:
- a master’s degree within IT, Biology, Physics or similar
- previous experience with BI & analytics and data modelling
- former work experience with Microsoft Azure technology within the past 3 years, particular with Synapse Analytics (previously Microsoft SQL DWH)
- high English skills on a professional level both written and oral
- former experience from the financial sector is an advantage
- experience with Terraform is an advantage
Who are we?
You will be part of department Technical Incubation in BEC. The department consists of 5 teams, whereof 2 of the teams are directly involved in the new cloud platform. The cloud project is named CUBIA (cloud-enabled-user-centered BI & Analytics). The teams, which are located in Denmark and Warsaw, Poland, have capabilities spread across, Azure cloud experience and BI-competencies. Until the Azure infrastructure platform is handed over to the support organization, the team also includes developers with support- and maintenance experience. By joining the teams here at BEC, gives you a unique opportunity to impact the strategic direction in our organization and execute successfully. Furthermore, you will be part of a team that will take important decisions around tooling and ways of working, in example concerning data modelling for the future.
As a new team member, you will get a thorough onboarding in BEC and the BI & Analytics eco-system by the experienced team members. You will also get to work with experienced 3rd part vendors, having experience with major Azure implementation projects. Finally, there is plenty of opportunity to join Microsoft training, as the teams are working closely with global Microsoft experts on our journey to the cloud.
Has the above caught your interest?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your motivational letter and resume no later than April 17, 2020. If you have any questions about the position, please do not hesitate to contact department manager Sanne Sommer Lyster at +45 29 33 80 12.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder