BI Analyst who makes a difference
Do you know how to transform data into insights? And would you like to use your BI, data, and analytics skills to save lives and fight extreme inequality? Then come join us in one of Denmark's largest humanitarian NGOs and make a difference for people in need across the world.
In this important position, you will be a bearing column to our continued journey towards becoming a data driven organisation. You will work with colleagues within the Data and Reporting team, in crosscutting project teams, and directly with business units and -users. You will deliver and support reports, dashboards and other data and digital solutions that add value to the whole organisation, both in Denmark and abroad. In addition, you will act as an in-house expert to mentor and assist super users in mastering techniques and best practices associated with BI and analytics.
Like the organisation, the team values good work dynamics and laughing. You will work alongside a dozen other colleagues in the larger IT & Digital Development unit who focus on related subjects including data, critical business solutions and IT operations.
Your important tasks and responsibilities will be to:
- Work closely with our business areas and users to identify data, reporting and analysis needs.
- Develop and deliver Power BI dashboards, reports, and other ways of bringing data into usage with the business and the leadership.
- Maintain existing BI solutions.
- Help empower the business users to access and use data themselves through our Power BI front-end, for instance by building user skills, develop business-oriented data sets and creating standards and templates.
- Develop methods to monitor and improve data quality.
- Participate in the team’s continued work on shaping and implementing our data strategy.
- Participate in the continued design and development of our enterprise level Azure Synapse based data framework and data platform.
- Participate in future AI and advanced analytics aspirations.
We expect that you have:
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant area, but it is more important that you have a couple of years’ experience from building solutions in Power BI or other of the leading BI front-end applications like Tableau, Qlik or SAS.
- It is important that you have a strong end-to-end focus in the development of data solutions. This means that you can both identify and understand needs, can translate the needs into solutions and can implement the solutions with the users.
- In addition, you must have the desire and flair to understand the tasks of your business colleagues, so that the Data & Reporting team becomes an attractive sparring partner in the development of a more data-driven organisation.
- Preferably experience from designing and building data platforms and BI frameworks - and hands on experience working with various data services in the Azure environment would be an advantage as well.
- Experience working for an NGO or a strong desire to work for one.
- The ability to work creatively and independently
- Great social and communication skills as teamwork and collaboration is an integral part of the way we work
- You speak and write both Danish and English fluently.
We have an exceptionally good working environment with a focus on a family-friendly workspace including flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home. You also get a wide range of employee benefits such a socially responsible pension scheme, 6 weeks of vacation / vacation days and a good lunch scheme with sustainable and allergy friendly options. Remuneration in accordance with the relevant collective agreement. We go home satisfied because we make a real difference for the world's poorest.
Enter your application via the "Apply" link no later than Wednesday 25 January 2023. Motivated application and CV must be uploaded. If you want to hear more about the job, you are welcome to call the Head of IT & Digital Development, Hans Paakjær on tel. +45 50602062.
Interviews are expected to be held on a rolling basis.
Please note that this is not an expat position and we do not offer housing, schooling or relocation, and formal permissions to live and work in Denmark are required.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, abilities, or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy. DCA conducts an anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us. Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.