Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) - SW Test Automation Expert
For our SW Test Environment Team within the Technology Department we are looking for a skilled SW Test Automation Engineer with substantial experience with BDD to join our dedicated test environment team.
In the SW Test Environment Team we are responsible for; the SW test strategy, the enforcement of it, and the creation and maintenance of test environments in which automated tests are executed. This involves both HIL setups and small to large virtual environments, thus handling both the hard real-time and large scalability requirements.
The introduction of Continuous Delivery is a strategic goal of the department and our team has been given the responsibility of introducing it. Today the team has 17 skilled members in both Denmark and India. Test automation plays a key role in this transition. BDD and Cucumber – Ruby has been chosen as the methodology and tool.
What are my responsibilities?
- Together with the test architect and our test automation team in India you will drive our test automation effort
- You will be responsible for some areas of our system (System of Systems) test as well as responsible for two crucial SW components developed in Ballerup
- You will ensure that the overall test project adheres to the agreed architecture, in spite of the many contributors
- You will drive or facilitate the search and evaluation of interface drivers needed towards a new type of product interfaces
- Together with the Test Environment Architect and DevOps Expert you will ensure that the test suites are executed in the most optimal manner, regarding response time and HW constraints
- You act as the technical expert across multiple development projects helping them in keeping their BDD/Ruby running. The projects range from deeply embedded controllers over large SCADA server systems to central fleet management systems
- Together with the rest of the team you ensure the operational side of our small HW and VM ware test environment in Ballerup
- You participate in the evaluation of extensions in our HW as the delivery pipelines are established
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have an academic degree in Information Technology or Computer Science but your passion for and experience with Behaviour Driven Development is most important
- You have significant experience in the Cucumber - Ruby and the tools and mindset, which are needed
- You are ‘hands-on’ and can get things done in a maintainable manner
- You have very strong knowledge of Ruby for test automation and experience with creating and maintaining a large set of Ruby projects
- You have experience running a large test suite in a fully automated delivery pipeline
- You have experience of virtualization technologies (especially VM ware)
- You have experience in applying agile software development practices (e.g. SCRUM)
- You have experience scripting, Jenkins, Git, Artifactory, SonarQube etc.
- You are motivated by and interested in automation and development
- You have basic operational knowledge on both Windows and Linux
- You take pride in getting the development projects working more effectively
- You are willing to travel
- You have good communication skills
- You have excellent English verbal and written language skills - a basic understanding of Danish is advantageous
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens Wind Power is a leading supplier of wind power solutions for onshore, offshore and coastal sites. Denmark is a core part of Siemens’ global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 6,000 employees out of a global staff of more than 11,500 work with wind power solutions in Denmark. Read more at www.siemens.com/windpower.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
Apply online in English for the job via the "Ansøg" link. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
For further information about the recruitment process, please contact the recruiting team via phone: +45 4477 5772.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder