Backend web developer at Multiverse ApS
Multiverse ApS is a game company located in Copenhagen, Denmark. We are developing a user created games platform called KoGaMa.
- KoGaMa is a website where users can create, share and play games
- Creating and playing are enhanced by social features and multiplayer
- Games are frictionlessly shareable across the internet
We are one of the best companies in the world to combine web and games development. The result: We are enabling anyone to create games for everyone.
Currently, KoGaMa has 22 million users and they have created more than 2.5 million games.
The Multiverse team is a combination of young talent and veteran developers. The experience of the team ranges from AAA games such as Hitman and Max The Curse of Brotherhood to designing for Lego onto development of social media for children.
The team is uniquely skilled at utilizing the best practices for delivering web content in terms of low friction, sharing and accessibility. The game development expertise of the team is used to create tools and game objects; enabling the KoGaMians to deliver fantastic multiplayer 3D games.
We are looking for a developer to build backend systems for KoGaMa. Solutions we create need to be scalable, performant and robust. They also need to be straightforward and simple to use by the game and web team.
Challenges we are facing today includes:
- Creating social features such as improving the ability to playing games and building games with other users
- Building real time systems to support features based on notifications across mobile, web and game
- Updating and extending APIs between front-end and backend services
This position is for the fourth member of the team responsible for building the web platform for KoGaMa. You will be working closely with the rest of the team enabling them to deliver new features to the users.
- Experience with multiple languages. For the backend we use Go and Python
- Comfortable in a Linux shell
- You have experience building and running production systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong problem solving debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with SQL
The nice to haves
- Experience with Ansible or other configuration management software
- Active open source profile
- Experience developing applications for high-traffic websites
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder