Automation Engineer - MES and Automation
Would you like to work on international projects and see the world as you use your specialist skills and build your knowledge within a field in which ROCKWOOL is the leading player?
When it comes to automation, we are ahead of competition, and you will deliver control systems, support factories and projects and get to help develop new technology in our ‘Factory of the Future’ where the sky is the limit. Join us to work on automation in global projects – from initial idea over development all the way to go-live and maintenance. And see your ideas come to life.
This is who we are
You will be part of Group Technology in Hedehusene, Denmark – part of the main organisation of ROCKWOOL International – where we create and deliver machines and production equipment as well as entire production lines for our international production sites. In this department, you will join Operational Technology & Electrical Project Management and 23 colleagues with strong engineering backgrounds within electrical design, automation technology and project management.
“We all take on an independent responsibility to deliver. We can only do so because we trust and empower each other to do what we do best as we are part of the entire development process – from initial idea to installation and maintenance of a final solution,” says Department Manager Flemming Schou.
This is the role
You will be the automation specialist on the process and control systems in our production machines and production lines. This entails being part of our Automation team responsible for development, maintenance and support within ROCKWOOL’s software systems for automation, control and Manufacturing Execution systems.
A large part of your job will revolve around international projects where you will be responsible for the delivery of control systems for our production equipment.
Your assignments can vary from small machine deliveries and support cases to participation in large ‘greenfield’ factory projects on a global scale. Specifically, you will:
- Carry out programming on the control systems
- Make service visits on site
- Service and support ROCKWOOL production facilities all over the ROCKWOOL Group
- Spend time diving deep into the ROCKWOOL processes to develop your knowledge on how we produce stone wool
- Operate in the field between automation and IT as our machines become more and more intelligent
- Travel up to 80 days per year to projects in our production sites in the US, Asia, Russia and within Europe
This is what you offer
As a person, you enjoy the technical analysis, evaluating a design or solving a technical issue. You value quality in your deliveries and will thrive in a role where you contribute your own ideas to our processes while remaining loyal to our overall standards and processes. This also calls for you to be able to communicate in an efficient manner with internal customers in the ROCKWOOL subsidiaries as well as colleagues.
Furthermore, we imagine that you:
- Have experience within PLC and SCADA systems and a keen interest in IT programme development
- Have broad knowledge of manufacturing processes and production efficiency
- Have good skills within additional automation design automation software (Siemens S7 and WinCC)
- May have knowledge on data collection and handling, e.g. in Wonderware Historian or similar
- Maybe have IT programming skills (C# and SQL)
- Are fluent in English – additional languages are an advantage
This is what we offer
You will be part of an absolute key Group function, operating internationally and with the latest technology in the ROCKWOOL Group. Moreover, you will get the chance to put your fingerprint on some of the core processes and projects worldwide. Your colleagues are helpful, professional and experienced experts. This job will mean a constant development of your professional and personal skills.
If you want to know more, please contact Department Manager, Group Technology, Flemming Schou directly, tel.: +45 46 55 82 72 or via mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit your application and CV in English in the same field in our recruitment system via the link apply before May 10th. We will invite for interviews on a continuous basis throughout the application period.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.