Do you want to be part of our ambitious journey to digitise and automate the processes in our Pilot factories, where the insulin and GLP-1’s of the future are being developed? Do you have a passion for automation and IT operation, then this the position for you.
As our new Automation Engineer you will take part in implementing large- and small-scale automation solutions in three of our Pilot factories in Bagsværd. Also, you will ensure a stable and efficient operation of our 3 DeltaV based automation systems. A stable operation is essential for us, in order, to develop and deliver new products to our patients.
In the IT & Automation team we work with ensuring stable and efficient operation of our IT & automation systems, keeping the systems in compliance, and implementing large- and small-scale automation solutions and ensuring data availability in our 5 Pilot factories. The team consists of 19 highly competent and passioned automation and data engineers working across different automation and data technologies. We are part for the Pilots Engineering department, which also includes a BIO team, working with process modelling and a Qualification team working with implementing and qualification of new process equipment and systems.
As our DeltaV Automation Engineer you will, together with 3 colleagues, be responsible for our 3 DeltaV Process Control Systems, which supports the production in 3 of our Pilot factories. You will be responsible for keeping the systems operational and in compliance with Novo Nordisk requirements and thereby requirements from health authorities. Furthermore, you will be responsible for implementing new application code or changes to existing application code, to ensure that the system supports our processes in the best possible way. You will communicate and collaborate closely with many colleagues both internally in the department, but also in our Pilot factories.
In this position you will work both with practical, hands on, work such as:
- Implementation of new application code or changes to existing code
- Troubleshooting on the system and application code
- Implementing system hotfixes and patches
- Replacement or addition of new hardware (e.g., Controllers, I/O cards)
And documentation work such as:
- Update or development of design documents (e.g., Functional Specification, Design Specification)
- Update of operational system Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
- Incident and Deviation Management
- Change Management
- User and Configuration Review
You will be trained in the DeltaV systems, hence it is not a prerequisite that you have experience with the DeltaV technology in specific, although it will be an advantage if you have experience working with DeltaV.
You hold a higher education such as B.Sc. or M.Sc. within e.g., electronics, mechanical or chemical engineering, alternatively you have acquired a minimum of 5 years automation work experience. You have a great passion for working with automation and technical problem-solving, as an ideal candidate you have:
- Knowledge and experience with automation standards e.g., S88, DeltaV systems or equivalent automation systems.
- Knowledge and experience with server and IT infrastructure operations e.g., patching, performance monitoring, network setup.
- A great passion for automation solutions, and a natural curiosity for new technologies.
- A positive Can-do attitude, together with a drive beyond the usual.
- High spirits and the capability to spread enthusiasm and positive energy to the people around you.
- Great communication- and collaboration skills, which makes you a trusted and well-liked collaborator with our stakeholders
Our work is performed according to cGMP, hence it is expected that you possess a systematic approach you your tasks and that you a able to plan and finalise your tasks. Furthermore, we emphasised the importance of your capabilities to ensure and initiate tasks, also when they are not being handed to you. It is our expectation that you take responsibility for your own and the team goals.
About Novo Nordisk
In Novo Nordisk it’s your abilities, engagement, and ambitions, that helps us improve many people’s lives. We offer the opportunity to become a part of a global workplace with possibilities of personal and professional development.
If you have any question to the position, please feel free to contact Mads Jensen on phone +45 3079 4650
30th January 2022
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.