At MAN Energy Solutions, we work hard to ensure a significant reduction in CO2 and NOx emissions for the ships that use propulsion systems from MAN ES. Our goal is a reduction of fossil fuels. Fuel reductions on large scale are only possible by constantly focusing on optimization and new development of our operating software and control systems. In this process, our automation team plays an absolutely crucial role.
The team is developing the control system for some of the world's most efficient propeller systems. But the team also designs retrofit solutions for existing plants in operation, i.e. with a view to significant fuel savings on existing ships. High-efficiency propulsion systems with associated control systems are one of the most effective contributors to reducing CO2 and NOx emissions from ship operations.
What are you going to do?
As Automation Engineer, your tasks will consist of:
- Development of green driven solutions based on PLC systems
- Development of new standard functions in our control systems AT3000
- Responsibility for sensors and special hardware that matches our future solutions
- Development of customized solutions here among specifications, drawings, software and documentation.
- Giving product support to other departments including Sourcing, Production, Sales, Service and license.
- Digitalization and data analysis.
- Class approvals and documentation.
Travel activity can be expected with this position.
Who are you?
We imagine that you:
- Are educated within software, automation, engineering or similar. Perhaps with a background as a Software or an Electrical Engineer.
- Have practical experience with programming and documentation of different PLC systems.
- Have practical experience with control systems, automation, monitoring equipment and communication with various systems.
- Are structured and quality-conscious.
- Manage English in both writing and speaking.
- It would be an advantage if you had experience with graphic HMI.
How is your new team/area of business?
The Propeller automation team consist at the moment of 11 people, located in both Frederikshavn and Copenhagen, but we are expanding. We are a part of the Engineering and Development department, in MAN ES Propeller and Aft. Ship.
MAN ES Propeller and Aft. Ship are designing, manufacturing and delivering propellers and propulsion plants to vessels on a worldwide basis. The Automation team, are developing and engineering the control systems for the propulsion plants, with interfaces to other operating systems onboard the vessels.
Who is MAN Energy Solutions?
With headquarter in Germany, MAN Energy Solutions employs around 15,000 people worldwide. Of these, we are approx. 2,200 passionate employees in Denmark in three locations: Copenhagen, Frederikshavn and Holeby. With more than 250 years of experience in advanced engineering, we deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe. MAN Energy Solutions works on the motto "Future in The Making", because we make a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions and contribute to a carbon neutral economy.
What can MAN Energy Solutions offer you?
MAN Energy Solutions offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, which among other things includes:
- Health insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Massage scheme
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility
- Free parking
How do you apply?
If you think the job sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply” and attach CV, application letter and other relevant documents. The application deadline is Friday the 2. September 2022. We will conduct interviews during the application period. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Head of Automation, Propeller & Aft. Ship, Henrik Jensen by phone on +45 96204046. More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
MAN Energy Solutions encourages all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability and ethnic background to apply for this position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.