Associate/Assistant Professors in Applied Economics within the fields of Energy, Climate and Transport
DTU Management - Department of Technology, Management and Economics invites applications for positions as Associate or Assistant Professor
DTU Management - Department of Technology, Management and Economics invites applications for positions as Associate or Assistant Professor in Applied Economics. We are looking for scholars who will conduct excellent research within economics in line with the department’s application areas. The department particularly welcomes expertise in the areas of energy, climate or transportation.
The positions are offered in the field of applied economics with a focus on one or more of the following research topics:
- Design of policy instruments, regulatory frameworks and market designs that facilitate the green transition in a socio-economic efficient way.
- Energy markets, energy infrastructure and transportation demand, including the role of market mechanisms, competition and regulation such as taxes, pricing, capacity provision, information etc.
- The interaction between climate changes and the economy, including social welfare, in the context of uncertainties, risk and preferences.
- Predicting short- and long-term effects of transport policies, and assessment of economic- and welfare consequences
Responsibilities and tasks
DTU’s vision is technological research to help societies transition rapidly to a green and sustainable world. With the announced positions, DTU wishes to strengthen our capacity for supporting this transition.
Your main activities will include:
- Conducting excellent research in one the above mentioned research areas and publication of articles in international high-level journals
- Teaching future engineers in economics. For international candidates, DTU can provide Danish language courses enabling the candidates to teach in Danish within 2-3 years.
- Building/further developing a strong and academically visible research profile within one of the above mentioned research areas
- Attracting external funding to the field of research
- Building collaborations with researchers from other DTU departments covering a wide range of technology domains.
- Participation in projects and collaborations related to research-based public sector consultancy.
Candidates for an
- Assistant professorship must hold a PhD degree in economics (or equivalent) and have completed postdoctoral research.
- Associate professorship must hold a PhD degree in economics (or equivalent), as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding an assistant professorship. Documented didactic/pedagogic training is asked for and if that is not possible, this training must take place within the beginning of the tenure.
Moreover, we expect you to bring the following:
- You have strong expertise and an excellent track record in one or more of the research topics listed above
- You have the ability to motivate colleagues, peers, and students to give the very best and create an interdisciplinary atmosphere to achieve ambitious goals.
- You are an open-minded team player, motivated to contribute to a common goal.
- You enjoy teaching at bachelor and master level and are eager to develop your skills towards effective teaching in economics for engineers.
In the assessment of the candidates, consideration are given to
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Research impact and experience, funding track record, and research vision
- Societal impact
- Documented innovation activities, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- International impact and experience
- Leadership potential and collaboration
- Communication skills
Consideration will also be given to:
- Experience and quality of supervision at PhD, Master and Bachelor level
- Experience with coordination of research projects
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
The assistant professor position is a permanent entry-level faculty position.After a maximum of 4 years, an assistant professor can be promoted to an associate professor position after assessment. More information can be found here: Career paths at DTU.
Further information may be obtained from Head of Sustainability Signe Krarup (Energy & Climate), tel.: +45 2119 4893, e-mail: email@example.com, or Head of Transport Otto Anker Nielsen (Transport), tel.: +45 4525 1514, e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can read more about DTU Management at www.man.dtu.dk/english. ;
Please submit your online application no later than 15 March 2020 (23:59 local time). Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Ansøg", fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Teaching and research statement, with a focus on the “Assessment” bullet points listed above
- Documentation of previous teaching and research, as related to the “Assessment” bullet points listed above
- List of publications (applicants applying for the position as associate professor should indicate scientific highlights)
- H-index (Web of Science), and ORCID (see e.g. http://orcid.org/)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
In the field “Please indicate which position you are applying for”, please indicate whether you are applying for the position as Associate or Assistant Professor.
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All qualified candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder