The Section for Building Design at the Technical University of Denmark invites applications for a position as Associate/Assistant Professor in House Building Design and Construction.
The position will be a part of the Section’s research, innovation, teaching and scientific advice.
Research and teaching within the Section for Building Design includes structural as well as architectural aspects in an overall assessment of a building.
The position should be held by an experienced structural engineer with a strong structural understanding covering all design parameters for House Building Construction.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Research in structural systems, structural details, components and joints, all in a holistic approach.
- Research-based teaching is focusing on a holistic structural design approach and detailing of building constructions. The teaching must be conducted in both Danish and English and at bachelor’s (BSc) and master’s (MSc) level.
- The position will include supervision of bachelor and master theses. Teaching will mainly take place at Lyngby and Ballerup Campuses, but shorter stays in Sisimiut in Greenland should be expected.
- Participation in existing and new innovation activities focusing on components and systems that have a structural function in building constructions.
The section is engaged in diversified activities within housing construction with the aim of developing new building systems in interdisciplinary collaboration at the department and with external partners. Moreover, research within processes and work methods that will lead to better, less resource-intensive construction of predictable services and where life is incorporated into the solution. The section for Building Design has access to structural testing in advanced facilities in a new laboratory building.
Candidates for an
- Assistant Professorship must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent)
- Associate Professorship must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent) as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding an Assistant Professorship and should document didactic/pedagogic training.
The applicant must have prior experience, knowledge, and interest within the field of:
- Design of structural systems and joints in typical Danish building structures
- Detailed design of concrete, and steel structural elements
The applicant must have or wish to gain knowledge within the field of:
- Detailed design of light-weight concrete, timber, masonry, and glass structural elements
- Interdisciplinary cooperation
- Design methods, e.g. holistic design, or system engineering
- Building Information modelling
- Sustainability and life cycle assessment
In the assessment of the candidates consideration will be given to
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Research impact and experience, funding track record, and research vision
- Societal impact
- Documented innovation activities, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- International impact and experience
- Leadership potential and collaboration
- Communication skills
Consideration will also be given to:
- the ability - besides engaging in the sections teaching assignments - to also contribute to the section’s scientific research production and the development of the construction industry in Denmark
- the ability to teach BSc students in Danish. Thus, excellent oral and written communication skills in Danish are required
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and an academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
The assistant professor position is a permanent entry-level faculty position. After a maximum of 4 years, an assistant professor can be promoted to an associate professor position after assessment. More information can be found here: Career paths at DTU.
Further information may be obtained from Head of Section, Associate Professor Jan Karlshøj, +45 4020 4608 or email@example.com
You can read more about DTU Civil Engineering at www.byg.dtu.dk
Please submit your online application no later than 13 March 2018. Apply online via the "Ansøg" link.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link ‘Apply online’, fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Views regarding teaching and research based on the “Assessment” bullets
- Documentation of previous teaching and research based on the “Assessment” bullets
- List of publications (applicants applying for the position as associate professor should indicate scientific highlights)
- H-index, and ORCID (see e.g. http://orcid.org/)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
In the field ‘Please indicate which position you are applying for’ please indicate whether you are applying for position as Associate or Assistant Professor.
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All qualified candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Tlf.: +45 4020 4608