Associate/Assistant Professor in Engineering Design Informatics
DTU, The Technical University of Denmark, Department of Mechanical Engineering seeks an Associate/Assistant Professor
DTU, The Technical University of Denmark, Department of Mechanical Engineering seeks an Associate/Assistant Professor in “Engineering Design Informatics” for the section of Engineering Design and Product Development.
The research focus in the Engineering Design and Product Development section is improvement in efficiency and quality of product development processes as carried out in an industrial context. This is achieved through analysis of industrial development work and by developing and improving systematic methods that support design professionals and development groups. The research is currently organized around four areas: conceptualization, product-service systems, robust design and platform-based product development. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to one of the abovementioned areas, but might also expect to contribute to other relevant areas such as collaborative design, design decision making, design creativity, design theory, mechatronic and/or cyber-physical systems design or the modelling and management of design processes.
Responsibilities and tasks
The candidate will be engaged in teaching and research on engineering design and product development, especially relating to engineering design informatics - the application of information technology in the design and product development process, including but not limited to computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided engineering (CAE), product lifecycle management (PLM) and information and knowledge management. Candidates are expected to develop strong collaborative, innovative and multi-disciplinary research activities, and to contribute to the delivery, strengthening and development of teaching in engineering design and product development. Moreover, the successful candidate is expected to engage in fundraising and participate actively in externally funded projects.
Collaboration within the Department of Mechanical Engineering and other departments at DTU is expected - for example with the section for Manufacturing Engineering in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and a number of the sections of DTU Management Engineering
Candidates for an
- Assistant Professorship must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent)
- Associate Professorship must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent) as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding an Assistant Professorship and should document didactic/pedagogic training.
- Expertise in engineering and product design methods and tools.
- Expertise in CAD, CAE, PLM or other application of information technologies in design.
- Expertise in the link between design informatics and product manufacturing,
- Experience of engineering design informatics and projects in an industrial context.
- Strong computational skills, especially in computer-aided design and computer-aided engineering tools
- Experience in development and management of scientific research projects
- Experience in successful application(s) for research grants
- Ability to work independently, to plan and carry out complicated tasks
- Understanding of Industry 4.0 impact on engineering design and Manufacturing
In the assessment of the candidates consideration will be given to
- experience in teaching and education
- scientific production and research potential at an international level
- the ability to promote and utilize research results
- an all-round experience basis, preferably including international experience
- the ability to contribute to development of internal and external cooperation
DTU offers an interesting and challenging job in an international environment focusing on education, research, scientific advice and innovation which contribute to enhancing the economy and improving social welfare. We strive for academic excellence, collegial respect and freedom tempered by responsibility. DTU is a leading technical university in northern Europe and benchmarks with the best universities in the world.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
The assistant professor position is a permanent entry-level faculty position. The assistant professor will after a maximum of 4 years transfer to a position as associate professor provided that the employee is recommended for assessment and is deemed qualified. More information can be found here: Career paths at DTU.
Further information may be obtained from Professor Niels Henrik Mortensen, tel.: +45 4525 6275.
You can read more about Department of Mechanical Engineering on www.mek.dtu.dk
Please submit your online application no later than October 1st 2017. Apply online via the "Apply" link.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply online," fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications (applicants applying for the position as associate professor should indicate scientific highlights)
- H-index, and ORCID (see e.g. http://orcid.org/)
- Documentation for teaching experience (e.g. in the form of a teaching portfolio - applicants applying for the position as associate professor)
In the field “Please indicate which position you are applying for” please indicate whether you are applying for position as Associate or Assistant Professor.
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All qualified candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Tlf.: +45 4525 6275