Associate Professors or DTU Tenure Track Assistant Professors in Statistics and Data Analysis
If you are establishing your career as a data-scientist and you are looking for the best possible foundation for fulfilling your dreams and ambitions, it is right here in front of you
At DTU Compute you will break new ground at the absolute forefront of what is possible. DTU Compute’s Section for Statistics and Data Analysis, invites applications for two appointments as Associate Professor or Tenure Track Assistant Professor within Statistics and Data Analysis. The positions are available from July 1, 2022 or according to mutual agreement.
Responsibilities and qualifications
You will have the possibility to actively take part in the promotion, development of and research in contemporary statistical methods and theory bordering to methods in machine learning and artificial intelligence. You appreciate the value creation in developing and applying data analytical methods for the benefit of society. You can expect to be invited to participate in one or more existing projects as well as actively applying for funding for new research projects of your own.
You value visionary and meaningful communication and you are motivated by delivering engaging teaching at all levels: bachelor-, master- and PhD as well as continuing education. You also have a natural feel for dissemination of research results at all levels. Currently the section is strongly involved in a majority of the teaching of statistics at an introductory level at DTU, in which you will be invited to take part. Bachelor courses are taught in Danish, other courses in English. For international candidates, DTU offers Danish language courses, with the purpose of being able to teach in Danish within the first two-three years.
The section has an important role in research based consultancy and knowledge transfer to other departments at DTU and also externally. Again your collaborative and communicative skills are crucial.
Other tasks of the position include but are not limited to: exchanging knowledge with society, including participation in the public debate, research management, guidance and supervision of assistant professors and researchers, and some academic assessment work.
We envision the research position will help strengthen and expand the Section’s research. Your research could therefore include one or more of the following topics:
- Statistical learning methods
- Statistical computing, machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Industrial statistics
- Engineering oriented statistics and probability
- Sensometrics and Chemometrics
You thrive in a knowledge sharing environment where cross functionality and cooperation between colleagues are highly valuated. Building relations within the department and with colleagues in other departments comes natural to you.
For both positions, the key qualification requirements are as follows:
- You have convincing documented scientific production/publication and research potential to become an international leader in your field.
- You enjoy teaching and interacting with students at all levels.
- You have the ability and desire to contribute to the Section’s national and international collaborative efforts.
- You share our desire to disseminate research results and research-based innovation in society.
- You have a positive attitude and find it easy and natural to interact with your colleagues.
As formal qualification you must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent). If you are applying for the associate professor position you should also have academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding an assistant professorship and documented didactic/pedagogic training.
You will be assessed against the responsibilities and qualifications stated above and the following general criteria:
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Research experience
- Research vision and potential
- International impact and experience
- Societal impact
- Innovativeness, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- Leadership, collaboration, and interdisciplinary skills
- Communication skills
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The salary for the position will be determined by the applicant’s qualifications and in agreement with the relevant union. Further information on qualification requirements and job content may be found in the Ministerial Order on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities.
The assistant professor position is part of DTU’s Tenure Track program. Read more about the DTU Tenure Track program at DTU at this homepage.
You can read more about career paths at DTU here.
Further information may be obtained from Head of Section, Professor Bjarne Kjær Ersbøll, +45 4525 3413, firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can read more about DTU Compute at www.compute.dtu.dk/english.
Please submit your online application no later than 1 June 2022, before midnight (Danish time). Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply", fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Vision for teaching and research
- CV including employment history, list of publications (applicants applying for the position as associate professor should indicate scientific highlights), H-index and ORCID (see http://orcid.org/)
- Teaching portfolio including documentation of teaching experience
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
In the field “Please indicate which position you are applying for”, please indicate whether you are applying for the position as Associate or Assistant Professor.
You can learn more about the recruitment process here.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.