Associate Professor or DTU Tenure Track Assistant Professor in Transportation and Infrastructure Planning - DTU Engineering Technology
Do you want to take part in the green transition and shape the future in transportation and infrastructure planning?
Do you want to take part in the green transition and shape the future in transportation and infrastructure planning? Do you have a passion for innovation and engineering education?
We invite you to join our research group “Production, Transportation and Planning”, where you will have colleagues with a mix of research and industry experience. We work with research, innovation, technology implementation, teaching, and education development. Our group is diverse in culture, nationalities, personality types and career paths. We enjoy collegial idea generation, feedback and cooperation in an informal, safe and fun working environment.
Our research group work with production planning as well as transportation, infrastructure and urban planning. You will contribute within transportation and infrastructure planning in the following areas:
- Infrastructure planning and modelling, including demand and traffic pattern analysis
- Demand assessments, route and vehicle choices
- Traffic impact analysis of infrastructure improvements (e.g. travel times, driving costs, pollution and noise)
- Geographical Information Systems for illustrating and analyzing data
- Traffic flow analysis and planning for roads and urban areas
- Microsimulation using simulation software (e.g. PTV VISSIM)
Responsibilities and qualifications
Your overall focus will be to strengthen our teaching and research in the field. You will get the opportunity to develop your skills, and we expect you to take lead in driving the academic agenda and impacting society and our common future. To do so, you will:.
- Develop the research field by defining ideas and concepts for future projects
- Write and collaborate on research proposals, incl. PhD projects
- Conduct and in time lead research projects with partners across the globe
- If associate professor, supervise PhDs; if assistant professor, co-supervise PhDs
- Teach and supervise in engineering education and continuing education
You must be responsible for the teaching of courses. DTU employs two working languages: Danish and English. You are expected to be fluent in at least one of these languages, and in time are expected to master both.
As formal qualification you must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent). If you are applying for the associate professor position you should also have academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding an assistant professorship and documented didactic/pedagogic training.
You will be assessed against the responsibilities and qualifications stated above and the following general criteria:
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Research experience
- Research vision and potential
- International impact and experience
- Societal impact
- Innovativeness, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- Leadership, collaboration, and interdisciplinary skills
- Communication skills
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
The position is full-time beginning January 1, 2024.
The assistant professor position is part of DTU’s Tenure Track program. Read more about the program and the recruitment process here.
You can read more about career paths at DTU here.
Further information may be obtained from Samuel Brüning Larsen, research group leader.
You can read more about the department at https://engtech.dtu.dk/
If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Please submit your online application no later than 10 October 2023 (23:59 Danish time).
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply now", fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Vision for teaching and research
- CV including employment history, list of publications (applicants applying for the position as associate professor should indicate scientific highlights), H-index and ORCID (see http://orcid.org/)
- Teaching portfolio including documentation of teaching experience and teaching evaluations
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
You can learn more about the recruitment process here.
In the field “Please indicate which position you are applying for”, please indicate whether you are applying for the position as Associate or Assistant Professor.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
About DTU Engineering Technology
We work at the forefront of university-industry collaboration and develop tools and methods for technology implementation. We are organized in nine research groups all focused on technology implementation, engineering technology and engineering education within a wide range of engineering fields.
Technology for people
DTU develops technology for people. With our international elite research and study programmes, we are helping to create a better world and to solve the global challenges formulated in the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Hans Christian Ørsted founded DTU in 1829 with a clear mission to develop and create value using science and engineering to benefit society. That mission lives on today. DTU has 13,500 students and 6,000 employees. We work in an international atmosphere and have an inclusive, evolving, and informal working environment. DTU has campuses in all parts of Denmark and in Greenland, and we collaborate with the best universities around the world.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder