Associate Professor or DTU Tenure Track Assistant Professor in Energy Economics and Policy
Are you passionate about driving forward the energy transition through rigorous research in the field of energy economics and policy? We are now seeking candidates to join our research section Society, Market and Policy (SMP).
Are you passionate about driving forward the energy transition through rigorous research in the field of energy economics and policy? We are now seeking candidates to join our research section Society, Market and Policy (SMP). If you would like to contribute to our interdisciplinary endeavor of supporting the green transition of society and develop your career in applied economic research with an interdisciplinary focus, we can offer a vibrant and inspiring research community in social sciences embedded in an engineering environment.
You will be strengthening the department’s competences in the intersection of applied energy economics, policy and governance, with a focus on one or more of the following research topics:
- Value creation of renewable energy, and especially the role of wind energy, in increasingly competitive and zero-support market environments
- Policies and regulations that incentivise investments in renewable energy and related infrastructure assets, integrate wind and solar into the energy system, enhance sector coupling, and create new routes to market for renewable energy (including PtX).
- Long-term decarbonisation scenarios and modelling for planning in an integrated energy system and related policy and governance considerations
- Techno-economic and/or socio-economic evaluation and impact assessment of renewable energy projects and energy policies
- Holistic evaluation of sustainable energy investment and policy, integrating societal concerns and public engagement options
You will work closely with colleagues from different disciplines at DTU, and with leading academic and industrial partners in Denmark as well as abroad. You will apply and develop mixed methods including quantitative and qualitative aspects, e.g. combining time-series or stochastic financial analysis with conceptual policy considerations, or socio-economic cost and benefit estimations or energy systems analysis with an assessment of equity and governance implications. We are striving for forward-looking research and novel research methods and tools.
Responsibilities and qualifications
Your main activities will include:
- Conduct excellent research in one or more of the above mentioned research areas and publication of articles in international high-level journals
- Participate in and lead collaborative research projects
- Research-based teaching for future engineers on economic and policy topics
- Building/further developing a strong research profile within one or more of the above mentioned research areas
- Attracting external funding
- Supervision of PhD and Master projects
- Participate in projects and collaborations related to research-based public sector consultancy
You must be responsible for the teaching of courses. DTU employs two working languages: Danish and English. You are expected to be fluent in at least one of these languages, and in time are expected to master both.
As formal qualification you must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent). If you are applying for the associate professor position you should also have academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding an assistant professorship and documented didactic/pedagogic training.
You will be assessed against the responsibilities and qualifications stated above and the following general criteria:
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Research experience
- Research vision and potential
- International impact and experience
- Societal impact
- Innovativeness, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- Leadership, collaboration, and interdisciplinary skills
- Communication skills
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
The assistant professor position is part of DTU’s Tenure Track program. Read more about the program and the recruitment process here.
You can read more about career paths at DTU here.
Further information may be obtained from Head of Section Lena Kitzing, +45 24 65 90 64, firstname.lastname@example.org
You can read more about DTU Wind and Energy Systems at www.wind.dtu.dk
If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Please submit your online application no later than 16 December 2022 (Danish time).
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply", fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Vision for teaching and research
- CV including employment history, list of publications (applicants applying for the position as associate professor should indicate scientific highlights), H-index and ORCID (see http://orcid.org/)
- Teaching portfolio including documentation of teaching experience
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
After the application deadline, we will create a shortlist of candidates, which will be externally assessed. Only after this, we will conduct interviews, expectedly end of January to February.
You can learn more about the recruitment process here.
In the field “Please indicate which position you are applying for”, please indicate whether you are applying for the position as Associate or Assistant Professor.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder