The Section of Experimental and Translational Immunology (xTI), Division of Biopharma, Dept. of Health Technology, at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) wishes to employ an associate professor.
In the Section of Experimental and Translational Immunology, we are focusing on understanding immune regulation, recognitions and signalling to unravel disease mechanism, and translate immunological finding into therapeutic strategies via design of nanomaterial to actively engage or manipulate the immune system.
The successful candidate will play a leading role in strengthening the basic immunology research of the section, interacting with several immunologists and cell biologists across sections working in different disciplines, such as mucosal and cancer immunology, innate and adaptive immunity as well as systems immunology. The job involves teaching and supervision of Ph.D. and masters students.
The field of research is within molecular and developmental immunology. The section makes use of a range of technologies including state-of-the-art flow cytometry, RNA-sequencing, proteomics and in vivo mouse models.
Responsibilities and tasks
You will be responsible for expanding our activities within basic immunological pathways that regulate cell development and contribute to inflammatory disease. We are particularly interested in research focusing on T cell biology with emphasis on pathways that regulate how T cells develop and how they become pathogenic in disease settings. This will strengthen considerably our ongoing research efforts in harnessing the power of T cells in cancer and inflammation, immunotherapy as well as vaccine design.
It is expected that you will apply for own research funding, co-develop our teaching portfolio, contribute to our outreach activities, supervise and engage PhD students. It is important that you have good written and oral communication. Moreover, you are expected to assist with teaching at DTU Health Tech in both lectures and tutorials.
The candidate must
- Hold a PhD degree (or equivalent), as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding an assistant professorship
- Document didactic/pedagogic training
- Have a strong national and international network
- Have a demonstrated ability to attract funding
- Be able to work within a team- and collaboration-oriented research environment
- Be motivated by both individual and team accomplishments
We seek a person who is highly self-motivated and with a great flair for guiding students. Preferably, you have a PhD degree in Immunology and a proven track record in supervision and planning/execution of courses. You can see the greater picture of the section/department and align with the goals of the section. You enjoy the interaction with team members, collaborators and students. You are a good communicator, and create a positive working environment.
Specifically, we are looking for a candidate that:
- Has extensive experience and track record in molecular and developmental immunology
- Has extensive experience and track record with in vivo mouse models
- Has the capability of applying basic molecular science into disease outcomes
In the assessment of the candidates, consideration will be given to:
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Research impact and experience, funding track record, and research vision
- Societal impact
- Documented innovation activities, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- International impact and experience
- Leadership potential and collaboration
- Communication skills
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
You can read more about career paths at DTU here.
Further information may be obtained from Professor, Head of Section xTI, Sine Reker Hadrup, email@example.com.
You can read more about the Department of Health Technology at www.healthtech.dtu.dk/english. ;
Please submit your online application no later than 24 July 2019 (local time). Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply online", fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Teaching and research statement, with a focus on the “Assessment” bullet points listed above
- Documentation of previous teaching and research, as related to the “Assessment” bullet points listed above
- List of publications
- H-index, and ORCID (see e.g. http://orcid.org/)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All qualified candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
DTU Health Tech engages in research, education, and innovation base on technical and natural science for the healthcare sector. The Healthcare sector is a globally expanding market with demands for the most advanced technological solutions. DTU Health Tech creates the foundation for companies to develop new and innovative services and products which benefit people and create value for society. DTU Health Techs expertise spans from imaging and biosensor techniques, across digital health and biological modelling, to biopharma technologies.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.