The Department of Environmental Engineering at the Technical University of Denmark invites applications for a position as Associate Professor in Modelling of Urban Water Systems.
Responsibilities and tasks
The Associate Professor shall strengthen the Department’s research and research-based teaching in the field of modelling of water supply and/or urban drainage networks in climate-adapted cities of the future. Relevant research areas could include:
- Rainfall-runoff, drainage and flood occurrence in urban environments
- Hydrologic-hydraulic modelling of urban drainage networks and green infrastructure for cloudburst mitigation, environmental protection, and added amenity value
- Data assimilation for water supply and urban drainage network models, including appropriate computational techniques
- Model identification, sensitivity analysis and uncertainty quantification techniques
- Now- and forecasting of water quantity and quality for real time warning and control
- Risk and sustainability assessment methods applied to urban water systems
This position has natural link to research activities taking place at the Water Technology and Air, Land & Water Resources sections. Furthermore, the position will focus on reinforcing or creating new research links both internally at DTU and with other leading research institutions, as well as on establishing/strengthening research /innovation collaborations with industrial, utility and municipal partners.
The Associate Professor is expected to lecture at the bachelor, master and PhD level, and contribute to further development of B.Eng. and continued education activities on urban drainage and climate change adaptation. Lecturing is to be conducted in collaboration with other faculty members.
Furthermore, the candidate is expected to provide mentoring and co-supervision of graduate students, to collaborate with the other sections of the Department, other DTU departments, industry and other external stakeholders, and to facilitate wider knowledge exchange with society at large.
A commitment to collaborate with the faculty and staff of the Department is essential.
- hold a PhD degree (or equivalent), as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding an assistant professorship
- document didactic/pedagogic training
The working language is English, but for the sake of teaching at the undergraduate level (BEng and BSc), applicants must be able to communicate also in Danish (or another Scandinavian language).
For international candidates, DTU offers Danish language courses for the purpose of being able to teach in Danish within the first 2-3 years.
The candidate must meet the following criteria for appointment, taking into account his/her career stage:
• Documented and successful teaching (including development, planning and evaluation of courses), and experience in project supervision
• Original scientific output at a high international level
• Research leadership and ability to attract and manage funding from national and international sources
• Industrial collaboration
Please submit your online application no later than 30 September 2018 (local time).
To view the full announcement and to apply use the “Ansøg” link.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder