Associate Professor in Microwave Remote Sensing
The Microwaves and Remote Sensing division of the National Space Institute (DTU Space) covers development and utilization of space- and airborne mi
The Microwaves and Remote Sensing division of the National Space Institute (DTU Space) covers development and utilization of space- and airborne microwave radiometers and radars for demonstration of new concepts and for acquisition of data through campaigns, as well as development of advanced methods and new techniques for processing and utilization of data from such sensors.
The Microwaves and Remote Sensing division is internationally recognized in these areas and the research is carried out in close collaboration with partners from national and international academia and industry.
In order to develop our research and teaching activities we seek a highly qualified person to join the faculty at associate professor level.
Responsibilities and qualifications
You should preferably have a background within natural science or electrical engineering. Your prime responsibilities will be research and research-based teaching within the field of microwave remote sensing methods and applications, in particular concerning advanced methods for the utilization of data acquired from Microwave Radiometers (MWRs) and/or Synthetic Aperture Radars (SARs). Your primary tasks will be to:
- Actively and constructively engage in collaborations with colleagues in our research group, with other DTU research groups and departments, and with external partners;
- Extend the division’s cooperation with external partners by actively pursuing national and international project funding opportunities;
- Manage research projects;
- Produce scientific publications at an internationally significant standard;
- Mentor postdoctoral scholars (postdocs);
- Supervise PhD students;
- Teach courses and supervise student projects at BSc and MSc levels in microwave remote sensing techniques and applications.
You must be responsible for the teaching of courses. You will be expected to learn Danish and be able to teach in Danish after 3 years. DTU can provide Danish language courses.
As formal qualification you must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent) as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding an assistant professorship and documented didactic/pedagogic training.
You will be assessed against the responsibilities and qualifications stated above and the following general criteria:
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Research experience
- Research vision and potential
- International impact and experience
- Societal impact
- Innovativeness, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- Leadership, collaboration, and interdisciplinary skills
- Communication skills
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The salary for the position will be determined by the applicants qualifications and in agreement with the relevant union. Further information on qualification requirements and job content may be found in the Ministerial Order on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities.
You can read more about career paths at DTU here.
Further information may be obtained from Associate Professor John Peter Merryman Boncori, Head of Microwaves and Remote Sensing Section, email: email@example.com, tel.: +45 4525 3755.
You can read more about DTU Space on www.space.dtu.dk.
If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Please submit your online application no later than 15 March 2021.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply online", fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Vision for teaching and research
- CV including employment history, list of publications indicating scientific highlights, H-index and ORCID (see http://orcid.org/)
- Teaching portfolio including documentation of teaching experience
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
You can learn more about the recruitment process here.
All qualified candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder