DTU Engineering Technology invites applicants for a position as Associate Professor in complex intervention design and research methods in the field of implementing technology.
You will join the research group “Strategy and Leadership Development,” which currently consists of 10 colleagues with a mix of research and industry experience. In this research group, our work covers the full spectrum of business, technology, and organizational disciplines. We focus on organizational design and management development, sustainability, and identifying and mitigating complex issues when implementing new technologies in workplaces, including the role of organizational stakeholders. Our research includes new ways of working, digitalization, organization and management of work, opinion creativity, business understanding, and project management. We prioritize collaboration and exploitation of each other’s experiences and competences within the research group, where we value a collaborative spirit. Ofcourse, we also collaborate nationally and internationally and share our knowledge with citizens, decision-makers, business and industry, practitioners and other researchers.
We seek a researcher portfolio focused on intervention development and testing, emphasizing work processes, well-being/psychosocial work environment and the implementation process. Broadly, we are interested in individuals who are developing, testing, and/or scaling novel interventions focused on implementing new technologies and the effect on business, performance and people. Notably, researchers with an interest in how to research and apply new research methods to understand the complexity of implementating new technolgoies and the new ways of working to contribute to our research agenda and fulfill the growing demand within this field in continuing education.
Responsibilities and qualifications
An ideal candidate is expected to be an experienced researcher with an experimental background and a strong track record in most of the following topics:
- A solid academic track record in complex intervention design and implementation demonstrated through publications in internationally recognized journals.
- Documented development of research methods demonstrated through publications in internationally recognized journals.
- Experienced in applying qualitative and quantitative methods/research design
- Research focus: digitalization, organizational changes, new ways of working, management, implementation, impact of technologies in workplaces, etc.
- The ability to effectively engage with industry and other practitioner communities
- The ability to be a team player and engage with colleagues in research and teaching
- Proven track record in attracting and completing research funding
- Experience in teaching engineering students and professionals
DTU Engineering Technology provides courses and instruction that feed into a number of DTU’s Bachelor in Engineering Programmes (BEng) as well as a range of continuing education formats. Your main teaching obligation will be within continuing education, where your especially demonstrate your ability to effectively engage with industry and other practitioners. We expect you to teach within:
- Organization Development
- Implementation Management
- Facilitation and Management
- Change Management
- As well as supervising student projects and PhD students
You must be responsible for the teaching of courses. DTU employs two working languages: Danish and English. You are expected to be fluent in at least one of these languages, and in time are expected to master both.
As a formal qualification you must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent), and you should also have documented didactic/pedagogic training.
You will be assessed against the responsibilities and qualifications stated above and the following general criteria:
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Research experience
- Research vision and potential
- International impact and experience
- Societal impact
- Innovativeness, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- Leadership, collaboration, and interdisciplinary skills
- Communication skills
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
The position is full-time. The place of work is DTU Ballerup Campus.
You can read more about career paths at DTU here
Further information may be obtained from the Group Leader, Professor Christine Ipsen firstname.lastname@example.org
You can read more about DTU Engineering Technology at https://engtech.dtu.dk
If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Please submit your online application no later than 4 October 2023 (23:59 Danish Time)
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration.
To apply, please open the link "Apply now", fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Vision for teaching and research
- CV including employment history, list of publications (applicants applying for the position as associate professor should indicate scientific highlights), H-index and ORCID (see http://orcid.org/)
- Teaching portfolio including documentation of teaching experience
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
You can learn more about the recruitment process here.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion, or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
About DTU Engineering Technology
We work at the forefront of university-industry collaboration and develop tools and methods for technology implementation. We are organized in 9 research groups all focused on technology implementation, engineering technology and engineering education within a wide range of engineering fields.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder