Associate or Assistant Professor in Coatings Science and Technology
The teaching will cover experimental and theoretical Bachelor-, Master- and PhD-level..
Associate or Assistant Professor in Coatings Science and Technology - Formulation Engineering
The Technical University of Denmark solicits applications for the above position created to support the further development of DTU Chemical Engineering as a leading international department in the field of chemical and biochemical product technology with special focus on organic coatings.
The teaching will cover experimental and theoretical Bachelor-, Master- and PhD-level courses in the core field of chemical and biochemical engineering as well as in-service training courses for industry. Bachelor courses are primarily taught in Danish, other courses in English. Most courses are taught in Denmark but the department is also responsible for a full Master’s program in Beijing, China, in the framework of Sino-Danish Center for Research and Education. A successful candidate will have great interest in teaching including developing teaching methods using digital technology. The research will be connected to the Hempel Foundation Coatings Science and Technology Centre. The center focus on the whole value chain from raw materials over formulation, test and characterization to production and application.
A successful candidate should have front line expertise within key fields of coatings technology with special interest in formulation engineering and the ambition of being part of a global leading research, innovation and education center having focus on developing sustainable coatings technology. This means high personal ambitions but also the ability to work closely with other researchers in the center, at the department, at other DTU departments, at partner universities and with industrial companies.
Candidates for an
- assistant professorship must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent)
- associate professorship must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent), as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding an assistant professorship and documented didactic/pedagogic training and/or significant experience from industry.
In the assessment of the candidates, consideration will be given to
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Research impact and experience, funding track record, and research vision
- Societal impact
- Documented innovation activities, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- International impact and experience
- Leadership potential and collaboration
- Communication skills
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
The assistant professor position is a permanent entry-level faculty position. After a maximum of 4 years, an assistant professor can be promoted to an associate professor position after assessment. More information can be found here: Career paths at DTU.
Further information on the positions from Head of Department, Professor Kim Dam-Johansen, +45 4525 2845, firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can read more about DTU Chemical Engineering here.
Please submit your online application no later than 24 November 2019 (local time). Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply online," fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
The file must include:
- Application (cover letter). Applicants should describe in their application, how they plan to develop their research topics of interest and what courses they would like to teach and develop
- Teaching and research statement, with a focus on the “Assessment” bullet points listed above
- Documentation of previous teaching and research, as related to the “Assessment” bullet points listed above
- List of publications (applicants applying for the position as associate professor should indicate scientific highlights)
- H-index, and ORCID (see e.g. http://orcid.org/)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
In the field “Please indicate which position you are applying for” please indicate whether you are applying for position as Associate or Assistant Professor.
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All qualified candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.