Associate or Assistant Professor in Operations-, Systems-, Industrial Engineering or Engineering Management
The Department of Technology and Innovation (ITI), University of Southern Denmark (SDU) in Odense, invites applications for vacant positions as associate or assistant professor in Operations-, Systems-, Industrial Engineering or Engineering Management. The appointment as associate professor is permanent while the assistant professorship is for a three-year period.
Candidates are expected to contribute to one or more of the following research areas:
- Engineering aspects of operations and supply chain management;
- Systems Engineering;
- Industrial engineering, including quality control and assurance;
- Engineering Management including costing, risk, reliability and decision making
The position is assigned to the Section SDU Engineering Operations Management, which is an interdisciplinary unit. Its research and educational programmes are in close collaboration with industry and contributes to the sustainable development within the focus area of manufacturing, industrial and supply chain engineering management. We have strong competencies in engineering optimization and decision-making and the successful applicant will be able to build upon these areas.
The section contributes significantly to the following educational programmes:
- MSc in Operations Management (taught in English)
- BEng in Global Management and Manufacturing (taught in English)
- BEng in Manufacturing and Management (taught in Danish)
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- develop and engage in a top tier research with local colleagues and international peers
- actively participate in attracting external research funding
- provide outstanding education at all university level courses
- supervise graduate students and, depending on level, develop junior staff
The candidate must have a PhD or equivalent.
- Commensurate with the academic rank of the position applied for, the candidates must have:
- An outstanding research and publication record in fields relevant to the position
- Extensive experience with industrial collaboration
- Strong record of accomplishment of attracting research Funding
Experience in innovation and bringing research results to the market will be highly valued as will developing continuing education programs for executives and professionals.
The position is open now and the start date is as soon as possible but negotiable and preferable no later than 1 Jan. 2018.
Further information about the position is available from Head of Department, Professor Michael Goodsite, tel. +45 6011 2557, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application, salary and conditions of employment, etc.
Level of qualification is a PhD.
Applications will be assessed by an expert committee. Applicants will be informed of their assessment by the Faculty.
As part of the overall assessment of the applicant’s qualifications, an interview may be applied.
The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations), Cirkulære om overenskomst for Akademikere i staten 2015.
If the successful applicant has not documented teaching experience wich corresponds to assistant professor level, the applicant can be employed on trial for the first 18 months.
Applications must be submitted online using the link below. Attached files must be in Adobe PDF or Word format. Each box can only contain a single file of max. 10 Mb.
An application must include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Diplomas/Certificates (Master and PhD degree)
- Teaching portfolio (please see below)
- List of publications indicating the publications attached
- Examples of the most relevant publications. Please attach one pdf-file for each publication, a possible co-author statement must be part of this pdf-file.
Applicants for an associate professorship at the Faculty of Engineering are requested to submit a teaching portfolio with the application as documentation for teaching experience as well as supervision qualifications. Please read more here.
Further information for international applicants about entering and working in Denmark.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Application deadline 15/08/2017
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder