Assistant Project Manager Role
We are seeking an Assistant Project Manager (PM) to further strengthen our project management team. The assistant PM will be part of the PM team to manage the future complex projects within a booming industry and support the Head of Projects as well as SBO’s other PMs in delivering the expanding pipeline to our clients.
The main day-to-day duties will include:
- Assist the Project Managers to provide professional Project Management services to clients in order to successfully deliver projects. Including participation in project meetings and execution on site and coordination between WIV’s and project obligations
- Prepare and maintain project documentation and project schedules
- Assist the PM to ensure project requirements, timelines and budgets are met in accordance with scope of work
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Management, Technical Department, Engineering Department, Sales Department, Vessel Crew, Clients and Suppliers)
- Manage minor ad hoc tasks and projects
SBO is currently making the transition from marine services provider to deliverer of more complex construction projects all over the world. Therefore, this role provides an exciting opportunity to be part of a small, but dynamically growing project management department during a new phase of development. Moreover, as the wind turbines are growing, and sites are getting more complex SBO’s two industry-leading jack-ups will require optimisation and modifications to remain at the forefront of the sector.
Position is Copenhagen-based and is a great opportunity for a upcoming Project Manager interested in initiating or furthering a career in the offshore wind sector in a growing company.
As SBO is scaling up to deliver more complex services, a motivated and ambitious assistant Project Manager with 2-5 years offshore wind, oil and gas or marine construction experience is preferred. The successful candidate will be structured and disciplined, with a strong ability to learn new aspects of project execution.
The preferred profile would include:
- A BSc or MSc in Engineering or equivalent degree
- 2-5 years of experience within Offshore Wind, Oil & Gas or Heavy-Lift preferred, ideally including offshore / seagoing experience or within offshore project execution and subcontractor management
- Knowledge and experience within project planning in e.g. MS project as well as drafting knowledge (e.g. AutoCAD) is preferred
- A natural capability for bridging issues between departments, and ability to prioritise by importance, risk and commercial impact
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate and negotiate commercial and technical matters effectively to audiences at all levels
- English fluency, both written and spoken
Swire Blue Ocean
Blue Ocean (SBO) is a leading provider of turbine and foundation installation services to the offshore wind industry. The company has developed a successful reputation, having delivered installation services on over twenty wind farms in Europe to clients such as Ørsted (Dong Energy), Vattenfall and Siemens Gamesa RE. SBO’s two jack-up vessels, Pacific Orca and Pacific Osprey are some of the most sophisticated in their field and well positioned to install next generation turbines.
Is now entering a new and exciting phase of development with a strategy to take on more complex scopes within the offshore wind farm development. This will require the hiring of skilled and specialist personnel from both technical and project execution perspectives. SBO’s ultimate parent company, Swire Pacific Ltd, has been in operation for over 200 years and employs over 130,000 people worldwide. The Swire Group is committed to long-term investment and considers the growth of the offshore wind industry to be an excellent prospect for development within its marine services portfolio.
Ulf Gjendal, Head of Projects. Office: +45 3246 3100.
Job Descriptions will be sent upon identification of suitable candidates.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.