We are seeking an Assistant Project Engineer. The engineer will deliver engineering support to offshore wind foundation and WTG installation projects. The PE will be assisting with project planning, mobilisation engineering, safe and proper installation of upgrades or project specific modifications, and in-project workflow execution and optimisation.
The main day-to-day duties will include:
- Prepare load plans, manage seafastening designs, installation drawings and deck layouts for tenders and through project execution.
- Project preparation, feasibility studies, pre-design, stability and risk analysis.
- Ensure project requirements, timelines and budgets are met in accordance with scope of work.
- Participate in project meetings and potentially also execution on site.
- Ensure scopes are managed correctly in accordance with Class, statutory requirements, relevant legislations as well as guidelines and instructions from parent company, Swire Pacific Offshore.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Project Department, Sales Department, Vessel Crew, Clients, Classification Society and Suppliers)
Swire Blue Ocean (SBO) is currently securing offshore wind T&I construction projects, growing in scope of work and competencies. Therefore, this role provides an exciting opportunity to shape a small, but dynamically growing engineering department during a new phase of development. Moreover, as wind turbines are growing beyond 12 MW, SBO’s two industry-leading jack-up vessels will require optimisation to remain at the forefront of the sector. Thus, the Project Engineer will have the exciting opportunity to be involved in upgrading the vessels.
The position is Copenhagen-based and is a tremendous opportunity for a Project Engineer interested in furthering a career in the offshore wind sector in a growing company.
As SBO is scaling up to deliver more complex services, a Project Engineer with 2 years offshore wind, oil and gas or marine construction experience is preferred. The successful candidate will be structured and disciplined, with an innovative approach towards project execution.
The preferred profile would include:
- A BSc or MSc in Naval Architecture, Offshore Engineering or equivalent degree.
- Minimum 2 years of experience within Offshore Wind, Oil & Gas or Heavy-Lift preferred, ideally including offshore / seagoing experience or within offshore project execution.
- Technical reporting experience and drafting knowledge (AutoCAD, Inventor and 3D modelling)
- A natural capability for bridging issues between departments, and ability to prioritise by importance, risk and commercial impact.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate technical matters effectively to audiences at all levels
- English fluency, both written and spoken.
Swire Blue Ocean
Swire Blue Ocean (SBO) is a leading provider of turbine and foundation installation services to the offshore wind industry. The company has developed a successful reputation, having delivered installation services on over twenty wind farms in Europe to clients such as Dong, Vattenfall and Siemens. SBO’s two jack-up vessels, Pacific Orca and Pacific Osprey are some of the most sophisticated in their field with built-in margin for higher capabilities, therefore well positioned to install next generation turbines.
SBO is now entering a new and exciting phase of development with a strategy to take on the full transport and installation (T&I) scopes. This will require the hiring of skilled and specialist personnel from both technical and project execution perspectives. SBO’s ultimate parent company, Swire Pacific Ltd, has been in operation for over 200 years and employs over 130,000 people worldwide. The Swire Group is committed to long-term investment and considers the growth of the offshore wind industry to be an excellent prospect for development within its marine services portfolio.
Applicants will be evaluated on an ongoing basis and the vacancy will be filled asap
For further information please contact:
Head of project Engineering
+45 5273 1281
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.