Assistant Professor/Associate Professor in Mechanical Installations
Center for Bachelor of Engineering Studies, DTU Diplom, have an opening for an Assistant Professor / Associate Professor for teaching in the field of mechanical installations...
Center for Bachelor of Engineering Studies, DTU Diplom, have an opening for an Assistant Professor / Associate Professor for teaching in the field of mechanical installations.
DTU Diplom, Center for Bachelor of Engineering Studies is part of Technical University of Denmark and is located at DTU Ballerup Campus. DTU Diplom offers Bachelor Engineering programs, Foundation Courses and Continuing Education. Teaching is project and problem based and is targeted business and industry. The program prepares engineering students for careers in a globalized world.
The educational concept is based on the CDIO (Conceive, Design, Implement, Operate) format.
The position is located in the Department for Construction, Environment and Infrastructure.
DTU Diplom is a key provider of innovation projects and teaching and learning.
On the innovation side, you have the courage to enter into partnership with the business community to challenge existing practices and find solutions that can help improve the construction industry.
In education we aim is to inspire the students and to make sure that they are properly prepared for their first job and not least the challenges of the future. For you, students are always central. Your teaching is based on a strong practice-based professionalism and pedagogy. Your aim is to ensure that your students graduate as innovative, curious and modern-thinking engineers.
It is therefore not just the students who continually learn. You also learn something new every day that you are at work. You are professional and responsible and work with the newest technologies and knowledge via a close collaboration with DTU and industry.
Responsibilities and tasks
The job includes lecturing as well as supervision of students, inspiring and supporting them for their future career. The department takes part in development projects. Your work is carried out in collaboration with business and industry and with research and educational institutions at home and abroad. The language of teaching is primarily Danish; however certain courses and supervision may be in English.
We are looking for colleagues with both industrial experience and teaching experience in one or more of the following fields:
- Mechanical installations
It is a requirement that the candidate fully understands the relationship between Technology, Economy and interdisciplinarity in a construction company. Also, you must be prepared to expand your teaching competencies to meet DTU's future needs.
We expect that you hold a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in engineering. Besides teaching experience you must have:
- Relevant work experience within mechanical installations, either in a company or through studies in an academic environment
- Fully understands the theoretical background for mechanical installations
- Understands the dependency and interaction between design of mechanical installations and digital construction
- Good organizational skills and the desire and ability to cooperate in an interdisciplinary team
- A good ”drive” with respect to initiating and executing development projects both pedagogically and professionally
- Willingness to actively contribute to the development of the study program and the profession
- Ability and/or background to corporate with the construction industry anf the more research-based Lyngby Campus
- Proficiency in Danish and English - Candidates who do not speak Danish should be willing to learn Danish within the first two-three years in order to be able to teach in Danish.
You must be dedicated to teaching and supervising, taking care of both Danish and international students. It is an advantage if you have experience and knowledge of pedagogy and didactics. You should also be interested in being active in the development of the curriculum, actively contribute to the professional development of the program, including participation in external development and innovation projects.
The department focuses on innovation projects in the field of renovation and wood constructions, so experience in these areas will count towards the assessment.
In the assessment of the candidates consideration will be given to:
- experience in teaching and education (course planning)
- dedication toward and ability to communicate
- broad and relevant work experience
- desire and ability to contribute to the Department's internal and external collaboration
Consideration will also be given to
- Knowledge within design methods for mechanical installations
- Experience with design of BMS
- Relevant experience from the private sector
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and an academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations and the Career Structure for Bachelor Engineers and Export Engineers. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
The appointment will be as Assistant Professor unless acquired qualifications equivalent to the qualifications of Associate Professor. The academic qualifications for Associate professors correspond to those obtained by holding an Assistant Professorship or equivalent for three years.
The place of work is DTU Diplom in Ballerup. The position is part time (two days a week).
Further information may be obtained from head of section Jakob Lemming, email@example.com, +45 9351 1580.
You can read more about DTU Diplom at www.diplom.dtu.dk
Please submit your online application no later than 18 April 2018.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply online," fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Views regarding teaching based on the “Assessment” bullets
- Documentation of precious teaching based on the “Assessment” bullets
- List of publications (applicants applying for the position as associate professor should indicate scientific highlights)
- H-index, and ORCID (see e.g. http://orcid.org/)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
In the field “Please indicate which position you are applying for” please indicate whether you are applying for position as Associate or Assistant Professor.
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All qualified candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder