Array Cable Project Specialist for offshore wind farm project in APAC
Would you like to take up the engineering of the array cable system of one of the biggest offshore wind farms in the world in an exciting and fast-growing industry?
Join us and become Array Cable Project Specialist in our Array Cables Managers department where you’ll be responsible for the supply and termination work on high-voltage inter-array cables. You’ll be involved in all engineering phases related to the array cable systems for offshore wind farms. You’ll have a unique opportunity to learn directly from a team of very experienced engineers, and you’ll be cooperating closely with colleagues across Europe, the US and APAC.
Your key tasks will be to
- manage the design, manufacturing and testing - quality assurance - of cable products and related accessories
- ensure that the array cable supply and termination package is on time, of the correct quality and within scope and budget
- ensure that the proposed technical solution is in line with international standards, internal best practices and contractual requirements
- review design drawings and supplier technical proposals and ensure suitability of technical solution across all functional areas (offshore installation, HV components, offshore substations, foundations, etc.)
- manage interfaces with internal and external stakeholders.
You’ll be responsible for the engineering of the array cable system that connects the wind turbines to the offshore substation.
Your competences include that you
- have experience within the engineering of high-voltage cables and accessories
- have an international mindset
- are an excellent communicator and speak/write English fluently
- thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders.
You’re a strong initiator with the ability to solve technical issues within a complex matrix organisation. You have a structured, service-minded and flexible approach to your tasks. If you hold a project management certification (PMP or similar), this will be positively evaluated. Knowledge of submarine cable standards (CIGRE, IEC, ICEA) and FIDIC contracts will be positively evaluated.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 28 July 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Simone Pagliuca, Head of the Array Cables Managers department, by telephone on +45 9955 7336 if you’d like to know more about the position.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
You should expect significant overseas travel in relation to your work - at times for extended periods. However, we pride ourselves on having a strong family and life friendly ethos and approach to our ways of working. As part of our commitment to a more diverse and inclusive workforce we’re flexible on making reasonable adjustments to working practices, within the constraints of the role’s principal accountabilities.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.