Array Cable Engineer for offshore wind farms
Would you like to take on the technical challenges in relation to offshore cables for wind farms?
Join us and become Array Cable Engineer in our HV Cables department where you’ll be responsible for the supply and termination works of high-voltage inter-array cables. You’ll be involved in all engineering phases related to the array cable systems for offshore wind farms.
Your key tasks will be to
- manage the design, manufacturing and testing - quality assurance - of cable products and related accessories
- ensure that the array cable supply and termination package is ready on time, of the correct quality and within scope and budget
- monitor and report on project progress, manage risks and resolve issues as well as coordinate with contractors and construction team to meet project deadlines
- manage changes in scope, schedule and costs and negotiate with internal stakeholders and contractors on how to progress
- manage interfaces with internal and external stakeholders.
As part of the Array Cables team, you’ll have a unique opportunity to learn directly from a team of very experienced engineers, and you’ll be cooperating closely with colleagues across Europe.
Your competences include that you
- have a bachelor or master’s degree in electrical engineering or similar
- have experience within high-voltage cables and accessories
- have project management experience from infrastructure projects
- speak and write English fluently
- have an international mindset and excellent communication skills.
Furthermore, you’re able to create good relationships with your stakeholders and you work independently as a strong initiator with the ability to solve challenging issues within a complex matrix organisation. You have a structured, service-minded and flexible approach to your tasks. Project Management certification (PMP or similar) and/or knowledge of submarine cable standards - CIGRE, IEC, ICEA - and FIDIC contracts is a plus.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible via the "Ansøg" link found on this page and no later than 19 August 2018, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
For Denmark, please don’t hesitate to contact Simone Pagliuca, Manager of Array Cables, by telephone on +45 9955 7336 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the United Kingdom, please don’t hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on email@example.com.
All UK based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
You should expect some travelling to our international offices and sites in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder